Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9747 by dahuan60
Fri May 15, 2009 2:35 pm
I have been with ooma for over 3 months. However, my out going caller ID seem not right, it either display "unknow caller" or one name I don't know who he is. Anyone here can help me on this?
Thanks.
#9748 by Shell
Fri May 15, 2009 4:05 pm
I would call customer support I have read posts where others had this issue and called in and it was taken care of.
#9761 by number9
Sat May 16, 2009 6:59 am
ooma provides caller-ID and caller-ID blocking at no charge. Please note that your telephone handset must have a display to show caller-ID information.

Inbound Caller-ID

If you're using the ooma system without a landline, ooma will provide incoming caller-ID at no charge. If you're using the ooma system with a landline back-up, you'll need to get caller-ID service through your landline phone company.

Outbound Caller-ID Blocking

From the ooma Lounge, you can set whether or not you want your name displayed on outbound calls. You can also choose which of your shared or personal numbers you wish to display. If you choose to disable outbound caller-ID, you can still enable it for individual calls by dialing the prefix *82 prior to placing the call.

During activation, your caller-ID will be set to use the name you registered your ooma account with. If you wish to change an existing outgoing caller-ID name, you can do so for a one-time charge of $11.99.