Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#111202 by dioxide45
Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:43 pm
We have two HD2 Handsets, both of them seem to have the same problem just now. When you press the green button it pops up Enter Phone Number for about one second and then goes back to the main screen. When you try to enter a phone number, you can hear the key clicks but no numbers register. I held down the red button on one of the units and it shut off and came up Scanning for Ooma Base Unit. Then it just seems to be sitting on Connecting... forever.
#111205 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 pm
dioxide45:
Remove power from the Ooma Telo for a few seconds. Restore power to the Ooma Telo. Try the HD2 handset again.

It seems that Ooma's DECT Radio is fawed; freezes, stops and starts, and looses connectivity. Most often a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port will still work.

Usually with an HD2 handset connectiity problem, it's reboot the HD2 Handset(s) and/or the Ooma Telo, to restore DECT Radio connectivity.
#111217 by MapleOne
Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 pm
Easiest fix is just to hold down the power(red) button on the HD handset until it re-boots.
I have 4 HD handsets and they occasionally drop contact with the main telo. I do not have to power down the telo, I just reboot the offending handset.
#113193 by glkdcpg
Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 pm
Thanks MapleOne, your suggestion to re-boot the HD handset by holding down the power button worked like a charm. So nice when the fix turns out to be this simple.
#113208 by mpn
Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 am
I've recently noticed that my two HD2 handsets deleted a contact number that is listed on my contact list at myooma.com. I tried to synch from the website and from the handset. I've rebooted the Telo unit and the HD2 handsets. I've also re-registered one of the handsets. Nothing has worked so far to add the contact to my HD2 handsets.
Last bumped by mpn on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 am.