Problems touchtone and voice automated customer service

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dralter

Problems touchtone and voice automated customer service

Post by dralter » Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 am

I was trying to use Comcast's touchtone and voice automated service. When inputting numbers their system did not correctly translate the touchtones. When I tried voice it was able to recognize yes and no, but was unable to recognize the numbers I was inputing via voice. I tried multiple times, called back, no go. I switched to my cell phone and it worked like a charm the first time.

WayneDsr

Re: Problems touchtone and voice automated customer service

Post by WayneDsr » Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am

Not sure what your issue is, but I use touch tone and voice on a weekly basis and have never had a problem.

Wayne

jwileyrr

Post by jwileyrr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:22 pm

I have this same issue. OOMA seems to confuse the automated system on a regular basis. Try calling the number for the BLUE card from american express and it freaks out. It randomly select options for you, and can't understand most user input. That is only one example but I have seen this multiple times.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm

I order Costco prescription via DTMF and check work voicemails without any issues.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:34 pm

dralter wrote:I was trying to use Comcast's touchtone and voice automated service. When inputting numbers their system did not correctly translate the touchtones. When I tried voice it was able to recognize yes and no, but was unable to recognize the numbers I was inputing via voice. I tried multiple times, called back, no go. I switched to my cell phone and it worked like a charm the first time.
I have had random issues with this as well. However, I noticed that when the signal is not very clear, the problem gets worse quickly. I have been using *98 with my OB calls and it seems much better. Based on this I have presumed that it is a function of call quality vs a bug.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier