Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#111031 by nomad74
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm
We have four HD2 handsets and so far I'm not that impressed with them. Sometimes when a call comes in, just one or two of the handsets will ring. Sometimes they all ring. There's been at least once or twice that none of them rang (I was sitting by the phone when the wife called and none of them rang even once).

It seems to be a very sporadic thing. The closest HD2 is within 5ft of the base. The furthest HD2 is probably 50ft away. I could understand if the furthest HD2 didn't ring, but the sporadic nature of them all (at one time or another) not ringing is frustrating. If someone calls and the phone next to me decides not to ring, but the other three do, then I have to run to grab one of the working phones... a serious pain!

I've reset and resynced everything on the system several times over. What do I need to do to make these things consistently work? :?
Last edited by nomad74 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
#111041 by thunderbird
Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 pm
nomad74:
Mine is doing the same things as you reported.

Report the HD Handset and Linx problems to Ooma Customer Service:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

If more then two Ooma HD handsets are registered to an Ooma Telo, then there are always a constant stream of Ooma HD handset problems.

That’s the way it was with the old Ooma HD1 handsets, and continues now with the current Ooma HD2 handsets/Linx devices.

The most common problems are the intermittent DECT Radio signal, lost DECT Radio signal, and freezes of the HD2 handsets/Linx devices (probably caused by the defective DECT Radio signal); the second most common problem is answering inbound calls with the HD2 handsets (more problems if using more then one line).

Calling outbound with the HD2 handsets, if the DECT Radio is working, seems to always work properly.

Four Panasonic Wireless DECT Radio handsets attached to the Ooma Telo phone port always works, 100% of the time, without ever having a failure!
#111043 by MapleOne
Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 am
I have the same problem, 4 HD2 handsets registered and sometimes one will not ring. The solution I have found is to hold the hangup button until the offending HD handset reboots. Usually that fixes the issue. I get this about once a week on average so not huge but still a little annoyance when I'm trying to answer the phone.
#111045 by nomad74
Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 am
After getting in touch with Ooma customer support (and speaking to a lady I could barely understand), I figured out a sure fire way to resolve my problem. First you unplug all four Ooma HD2 handsets and then one by one (or all at once... whatever works for you) throw them in the trash. :x

But before you do this, make sure you find and order a proven, highly rated replacement set. I purchased (just a few minutes ago) a Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus set that has a proven record and a lot of good reviews (across several different websites). When the new set arrives in a few days, the HD2's will be finding their way to the local landfill.

Apparently Ooma only offers a 30 day money back guarantee and we've been screwing around with these HD2's for 2 to 3 months (constantly resetting them or ignoring them and hoping for the best). Enough is enough. If anyone reading this has these same problems (HD2 call quality and connectivity issues), make sure you get your money back within that first month.

So, we made a $200-ish mistake in getting the HD2's and then sticking with them trying to get them to work. You live and learn I guess. :(
#111046 by MapleOne
Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 am
Sorry to hear all that, I wish I could put more than four HD2's on my base, if so I would offer to buy them from you. I have a few small annoyances but I am mostly happy with my 4 units. Keep in mind that you need at least 1 HD handset to use the two line feature so I would recommend putting at least one set into the den or something.

I had a VTech system with 6 handsets where I plugged the main unit into the Ooma and that activated the other 5 units. That setup worked well for me but the databases were not synced and the second line feature was not usable. I have to admit I don't much care for the second line feature but I love the way all handsets sync together.

Good luck with your new handset, don't throw away the HD2's because someone may just offer you some cash for them.
#111048 by nomad74
Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am
MapleOne wrote:Good luck with your new handset, don't throw away the HD2's because someone may just offer you some cash for them.

Thanks... but I'd feel bad about taking someone's money for these pieces of junk.