Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110813 by drchipster
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 pm
If my telo becomes non-functiong and needs to be replaced quickly (I work at home and rely on the phone for conference calls with colleagues and customers), can I simply buy a new telo, activate it and transfer my numbers to the new telo (after deactivating the old one)? Is there a time limit after purchasing that the telo unit must be activated?
Thanks,
#110815 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 pm
You can pick one up from Costco for example and then call into customer service to activate it (do hardware swap) within minutes. If you are thinking about buying one to keep as backup, there isn't any expiration date as to when you need to activate a device bought.
#110818 by drchipster
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 pm
lbmofo wrote:You can pick one up from Costco for example and then call into customer service to activate it (do hardware swap) within minutes. If you are thinking about buying one to keep as backup, there isn't any expiration date as to when you need to activate a device bought.

Thank you for the quick reply. Does this 'hardware swap' incur any fees?
#110823 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 pm
No fees because when hardware fails, expected route is getting a new hardware and then calling in to swap. The old hardware if still working would need a re-activation fee if wanting to re-activate in the future.
#110829 by murphy
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm
Just to underline the process, if you buy a replacement Telo do NOT activate it.
Call Customer Support and have them delete the old one and add the new one to your account.