Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9679 by mjv5864
Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 am
Most of the time, multi ring works fine, but in some cases the call will not be forwarded to my cell and I'm not sure why. Any suggestions?

Also, when we will not have to press 1 to have a multi ring call connect? It's very dangerous to have to grab the phone while driving.
#9684 by WayneDsr
Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 am
My cell always works, sorry I can't help.
However I totally agree with you on the press 1 complaint.
I use bluetooth in the car and cannot get to the phone to press the 1.

The feature is useless, if not dangerous.

Wayne
#9746 by gpadick
Fri May 15, 2009 2:10 pm
I had similar questions while talking to support about another issue and this was his reply:

Here are Some things you need to know about multi-ring (MR).
Please put in your notes.

1. If people have local ring disabled their ooma™ phones at home won't ring.
Some people forget to check this option and then call to say they're not receiving any calls.
2. MR will not work if you call from 8xx number
3. MR will not work if you call from number you're forwarding to (e.g. user forwarding to cell, but calling from same cell to test)
4. MR will not work if you call to a number that's been forwarded to ooma™ (we check for diversion)
5. MR will not work if you call from another hub
6. Hub does not need to be powered up for forwarding to work (because done on server)
7. Person receiving forwarded call needs to press 1 to connect the call
#9793 by bw1
Sun May 17, 2009 4:22 am
gpadick wrote:I had similar questions while talking to support about another issue and this was his reply:

Here are Some things you need to know about multi-ring (MR).
Please put in your notes.

1. If people have local ring disabled their ooma™ phones at home won't ring.
Some people forget to check this option and then call to say they're not receiving any calls.
2. MR will not work if you call from 8xx number
3. MR will not work if you call from number you're forwarding to (e.g. user forwarding to cell, but calling from same cell to test)
4. MR will not work if you call to a number that's been forwarded to ooma™ (we check for diversion)
5. MR will not work if you call from another hub
6. Hub does not need to be powered up for forwarding to work (because done on server)
7. Person receiving forwarded call needs to press 1 to connect the call

If number 5 is true, that kind of interferes with my thought of recommending this to friends and family. If they get ooma and call me, it won't also ring my cell phone.

Is there a fix/update coming for this?
#14548 by jacksonm30354
Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm
Why is #4 not allowed with MR? I forward my office # number to my ooma # which will ring at my home. I want multiple ring so it will also ring my cellphone. #4 prevents me from being able to do this.