Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110765 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:54 pm
Mensra wrote:It appears that the DHCP client on the aroma for the WAN side only functions one time during the initial boot. If the WAN network goes down and comes back up again the Telo will not grab a new IP. You must power cycle it for that to happen. That is poor programming. I confirmed it by disconnecting the WAn for a period of time and then reconnecting it and seeing that the IP is lost.

This is not the norm. Self recovery should be happening.
#110771 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm
Ooma device setup, try the other between "Automatic" and " DHCP."
#110774 by EX Bell
Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 pm
lbmofo wrote:
Mensra wrote:It appears that the DHCP client on the aroma for the WAN side only functions one time during the initial boot. If the WAN network goes down and comes back up again the Telo will not grab a new IP. You must power cycle it for that to happen. That is poor programming. I confirmed it by disconnecting the WAn for a period of time and then reconnecting it and seeing that the IP is lost.

This is not the norm. Self recovery should be happening.


Agreed. Not normal.
I was testing a new router type today. When I reconnected my normal router to my ISP modem and plugged it in, the Telo returned to normal. I did not have to power cycled the Telo.

My router has a specific IP reserved for the Telo MAC address. This works very well and only on rare occasions, the Telo has not recovered without power cycling, but normally does.
#110778 by Mensra
Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:11 am
My setup is Modem --->OOMA ---->router. The OOMA is assigned an IP address dynamically by the ISP. The modem is in bridge mode. I have tried the Telo in both automatic and DHCP mode for getting its IP address. Both will fail if the WAN loses connectivity and comes up again. I must reboot the Telo to pull an address. The modem has an internal battery and the modem and Telo are on a massive UPS.
#112449 by MLXXXp
Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 pm
Today, for the second time, I had the same problem as I described in my post that started this thread. I don't think I've rebooted the Telo since the last occurrence and its on a UPS so probably hasn't been power cycled, so it's been running fine continuously for about two months before today. As with the last time, unplugging just the Telo, waiting a while, and then plugging it back in got things back to normal. The up time for the router, that the Telo is connected to, is 177 days (about 6 months).

While the Telo was offline, I was able to access its web server through the router. The Telo's web responses were very slow, though. I got a bit more information this time. Note that Free Memory was 102212 before recovery and went up to 191576 after the reboot. After running for a while, Free Memory is now hovering around 189200.
(I've changed the Telo's actual IP address to 192.168.xx.xx. The real address was the same in all cases.)

Telo firmware version is 66439

Before the reboot:

From the Home page:
Internet: Connected
Ooma Network: Not connected - Attempting to connect to the Ooma network
Device Settings: Configured
WALL Port: No landline detected

From the Status page:
Device Status

Network
TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ 192.168.xx.xx ]
HOME NETWORK port: Disconnected
OOMA Tunnel: Disconnected

Applications:
Telephony: 3433 - Running
DNS: 6175 - Running
Webserver: 1601 - Running
VPN: Status unavailable !
Free Memory: 102212

After the reboot:

From the Home page:
Internet: Connected
Ooma Network: Connected
Device Settings: Configured
WALL Port: No landline detected

From the Status page:
Device Status

Network
TO INTERNET port: Connected: [ 192.168.xx.xx ]
HOME NETWORK port: Disconnected
OOMA Tunnel: Connected

Applications:
Telephony: 3469 - Running
DNS: 3821 - Running
Webserver: 1602 - Running
VPN: 3816 - Running
Free Memory: 191576
#119003 by Morac
Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 am
I saw this yesterday. Internet went out for about an hour, when it came back up, my Ooma Telo wouldn't reconnect to Ooma central until I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

I saw the same thing as MLXXXp on the internal web page:
Internet: Connected
Ooma Network: Not connected - Attempting to connect to the Ooma network


That means the Telo had an IP address and was connected to the Internet, but could not connect to the Ooma Network. That would indicate a bug in the Telo firmware since obviously it was connecting out to the Internet, but wasn't able to establish a connection to the Ooma Network (if it was even attempting to do so).

I know I've seen the Telo reconnect on it's own in the past. Not sure why it had problems today. I even tried unplugging the network cable and reconnecting, but that didn't make a difference. The Telo is running 82865.

All my other numerous devices recovered on their own.
#119019 by Tom
Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:46 pm
Thank you for this report. The log points to a possible problem. We'll investigate.
#119021 by Morac
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm
Thanks.


Internet is currently out again. Will report whether or not the Telo reconnects after the outage is over.
#119027 by Morac
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:07 pm
This time the Telo recovered on it's own. It's possible the time since the last reboot is related to whether it reconnects or not.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests