Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110603 by paulb787
Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 pm
Ok so I have ooma behind the router and have a small issue here. the ooma has an ip of 192.168.1.126 from the router.

If I go into my cisco routers settings and manually enter the port ranges that ooma needs to be forwarded when I run the port scan they all come back blocked?

HOWEVER

if I put the ooma in dmz port scan comes back good? I would like to not have to put the ooma in dmz .. ireally shouldn't have to do that.

I have had so many problems with thing and call quality .. just want it to be right..

UHHH

Thnx
Paul
#110607 by dknyinva
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:04 pm
paulb787 wrote:Ok so I have ooma behind the router and have a small issue here. the ooma has an ip of 192.168.1.126 from the router.

If I go into my cisco routers settings and manually enter the port ranges that ooma needs to be forwarded when I run the port scan they all come back blocked?

HOWEVER

if I put the ooma in dmz port scan comes back good? I would like to not have to put the ooma in dmz .. ireally shouldn't have to do that.

I have had so many problems with thing and call quality .. just want it to be right..

UHHH

Thnx
Paul
https://www.ooma.com/forums//viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15924#p110588
#110618 by paulb787
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:09 am
Its so weierd if I put another port on the port forwarding section it opens. but the only way to have a successful port scan with ooma is to have it in my routers dmz? is that ok?