Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110499 by vidan
Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 pm
OK my ooma has died after 3 years of great service
So if I buy a new one to replace it will I be taxed or em I grandfathered in ass I was no taxes? Thanks
#110500 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 pm
In general, new activations are against current ToS which means monthly taxes.
#110511 by MapleOne
Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:50 am
Can`t get away from taxes, you`ll have to pay them with the other services.

I would count my blessings that you got it free for three wonderful years but I think after you try some other services you might come back to Ooma.

I`ll keep my eyes open for you and be the first to welcome you back

Good luck until then
#110512 by dsinternet
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:19 am
vidan wrote:OK my ooma has died after 3 years of great service
So if I buy a new one to replace it will I be taxed or em I grandfathered in ass I was no taxes? Thanks

I had no taxes back in 2009 when I got my Telo. I still have the original Telo and now pay taxes. I think you should consider yourself lucky that you went so long without taxes. I like Ooma and want them to be successful so I don't think twice about paying my $4+ in taxes each month.
Keep up the good work Ooma. Over 3 years and still loving it.
#110513 by vidan
Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:01 am
MapleOne wrote:Can`t get away from taxes, you`ll have to pay them with the other services.

I would count my blessings that you got it free for three wonderful years but I think after you try some other services you might come back to Ooma.

I`ll keep my eyes open for you and be the first to welcome you back

Good luck until then

Not leaving buddy just venturing out for greener pasture. :)
#110514 by Gurdick
Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:33 am
I had Vonage, got too expensive, tried Nettalk, really bad voice quality and continual tinkering with the router trying to improve on the service. Wound up with Ooma and after 2 years still working great. Do not have premier, so I got a second line with Obi and Google voice, no taxes just a one time purchase of $39.99, works great as fax line and second line, just no 911 with Google voice.