Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110555 by Telo_BK
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 pm
1 bug does not mean Ooma rolls out products that are still "in development" with "litany of bugs and shortcomings."
No looking at the experiences of quite a few users in these forums, and my own, and the statements of Ooma's own employees leads me to that opinion. But it isn't lost on me that you attempt to misrepresent what I say, ibmofo. Why is this personal for you?
#110562 by MLXXXp
Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm
lbmofo wrote:Understood. However, this 1 bug does not mean Ooma rolls out products that are still "in development" with "litany of bugs and shortcomings."

I don't disagree with the above statement. (I'll leave that argument between you and Telo_BK.)
You asked "why you would need 3 BT headsets paired in a regular residential home" and I merely gave you a reason.
#110569 by Telo_BK
Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 pm
MLXXXp wrote:
lbmofo wrote:Understood. However, this 1 bug does not mean Ooma rolls out products that are still "in development" with "litany of bugs and shortcomings."

I don't disagree with the above statement. (I'll leave that argument between you and Telo_BK.)
You asked "why you would need 3 BT headsets paired in a regular residential home" and I merely gave you a reason.

I have the same reason- and I reason that it's supposed to work that way. I think they might've fixed this bug, according to Tom B- with some beta firmware. I might try again with my BT adapter, which is unplugged at present.
#110662 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm
If one desires to use a bluetooth headset all around the house, both the headset and the paired device better travel around the house together (cell phone and bluetooth headset for example). Otherwise, one would definitely experience quality degradations (going through walls and such when bluetooth is not meant to).

If one of the device is fixed in a particular position (like the bluetooth adapter plugged into the Telo), the bluetooth headset may work everywhere in the house but at what kind of call quality? Wearing various brands of bluetooth headsets over the years, I thought the voice quality sucked even when the headset was within arm's reach of the phone.

I think the ideal headsets to use, if planning to roam around the house, is the DECT cordless headsets that you pair with your DECT phone system.

Examples: http://telephones.att.com/telephones/ac ... s-headsets

Another consideration: Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone - CT14 by Plantronics http://amzn.com/B001GX6MJ8