Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110042 by murphy
Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 am
Don McAlpine wrote:I would like to connect both a Ooma Telo Wireless Adapter and a Ooma Bluetooth Adapter to the Ooma base unit using a USB hub. Is this possible?

Yes but use a hub that has its own power supply. An extension cable will also be needed to get the two devices away from each other. They are both on 2.4 Ghz and the transmitter of one can desense the receiver of the other if they are close together.
#110047 by Don McAlpine
Sun May 19, 2013 7:36 am
I have a goodly number of both Bluetooth and 2.4 ghz devices operating in close proximity including a cell phone, D-Link Hotspot, Blackberry Playbook, a Panasonic Bluetooth Phone system with both Bluetooth and Detect 6.0, and Multimedia Players and Recorders, Computer with Bluetooth Asus transceiver and an assortment of Bluetooth devices including keyboards, mice and audio headphones combined with voice input.

Should I expect a problem?
#110048 by murphy
Sun May 19, 2013 7:47 am
It depends on what you mean by close proximity. More than a couple of feet is probably not a problem.

In the previous message having a wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter connected to adjacent USB ports would cause problems. Reduced bluetooth range would be the first indication.
#110055 by Don McAlpine
Sun May 19, 2013 10:23 am
“In the previous message having a wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter connected to adjacent USB ports would cause problems. Reduced bluetooth range would be the first indication.”

I am unsure what you mean by “adjacent USB ports”. I assume as the base unit only has one USB port this is not what you are referring to. You said a powered USB hubs was required to interconnect the Ooma wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter which are both USB. Are we then speaking about in the case of a four port hub using port one and four and as you have suggested that one USB cable be when connected to the USB through a female adapter to male cable and plug one device directly into the Hub to provide distance between the two Ooma USB adapters?
#110056 by murphy
Sun May 19, 2013 10:59 am
Don McAlpine wrote:“In the previous message having a wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter connected to adjacent USB ports would cause problems. Reduced bluetooth range would be the first indication.”

I am unsure what you mean by “adjacent USB ports”. I assume as the base unit only has one USB port this is not what you are referring to. You said a powered USB hubs was required to interconnect the Ooma wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter which are both USB. Are we then speaking about in the case of a four port hub using port one and four and as you have suggested that one USB cable be when connected to the USB through a female adapter to male cable and plug one device directly into the Hub to provide distance between the two Ooma USB adapters?

Yes. If a wireless adapter and a bluetooth adapter are plugged directly into a USB hub they will be too close together and will interfere with each other. A male/female USB extension cable can be used to separate them.