Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#110004 by waiau
Sat May 18, 2013 4:48 am
I have my OOMA for several months now and I truly love the device. I am getting ready for a trip to the Azores, Portugal. If I download the OOMA Mobile App on my iphone 4s, can I call my home phone while I am in the Azores? My understanding is the OOMA app uses my home phone number which implies that I cannot phone myself.

I tried looking this question up but I could not find it anywhere.
#110029 by EX Bell
Sat May 18, 2013 1:46 pm
waiau wrote:I have my OOMA for several months now and I truly love the device. I am getting ready for a trip to the Azores, Portugal. If I download the OOMA Mobile App on my iphone 4s, can I call my home phone while I am in the Azores? My understanding is the OOMA app uses my home phone number which implies that I cannot phone myself.

I tried looking this question up but I could not find it anywhere.

Test the Ooma app before you go to make sure it works well for you. Mixed results from users. I have had mixed results myself. Sometimes good, sometimes not and call drops abruptly, even on my WiFi which is very good.

If you need a low cost and reliable calling over WiFi while travling, I have have very good results with this App called Hushed on my 4S and you can purchase as little as 7 days for $2. It even worked well using 3G data, which many VoIP apps struggle with.
#110031 by lbmofo
Sat May 18, 2013 2:00 pm
Ooma app works fine for me with iPhone 4S
Sometimes 30 sec no audio does happen but good results with 3G data too.
Not the slow Verizon 3G but fast AT&T 3G.
#110132 by saisivak
Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 pm
Calling Home from Ooma Mobile works...

But truly the Ooma Mobile App sucks...
I wanted to use Mobile App for calling International number...
I tried a year ago .... Call dropped, voice quality is very poor and there was echo in other end...

Now after a year I am trying still same issues...

I am using Galaxy S4 (Android 4.2.2) and in LTE network with very good signal ... I can stream movies in NetFlix app in my mobile...

Seriously one year is a long period to make improvements and fix the issues... but I think Ooma is not serious in fixing the Mobile App... the devlopment Manager should see all the feedback and ratings given in Google Play Store...

Sai