Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9672 by Shell
Thu May 14, 2009 10:30 am
The whole reason I am even messing with porting is to keep my number local to my family as ooma didn't have any local numbers for my area. Today ooma conferenced me in on a call with Verizon and I am telling you Verizon is very unhelpful. They are however supposed to be sending me the paper I need through snailmail and I should receive it in 5 business days. So we shall see. If I don't receive it I am going to just cancel the port and the number but I would rather they stop being jerks and just send me the paper I need. I don't understand why Verizon is being like this when they have had others port numbers with no trouble.Whether they port or not they lose a customer so why be asinine about it?
#9682 by jmassimilla
Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 am
Shell wrote:The whole reason I am even messing with porting is to keep my number local to my family as ooma didn't have any local numbers for my area. Today ooma conferenced me in on a call with Verizon and I am telling you Verizon is very unhelpful. They are however supposed to be sending me the paper I need through snailmail and I should receive it in 5 business days. So we shall see. If I don't receive it I am going to just cancel the port and the number but I would rather they stop being jerks and just send me the paper I need. I don't understand why Verizon is being like this when they have had others port numbers with no trouble.Whether they port or not they lose a customer so why be asinine about it?

Because most of their CS reps are not very knowledgable. They put me through hell when I ported from them to Verizon Voicewing because of my DSL. One lady actually told me she never heard of voicewing. She thought that they were a competitor!

In reference to a local number, I've heard that sometimes they can find a local number for you if you ask.
#9699 by Shell
Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm
I totally believe that jmassimilla every time I talked to someone they never seemed to know anything. I have decided to cancel the port as I am moving and there won't be enough time to get the port completed by the time they send me the paper if they do and when I move.

I have to say kudos to ooma, Janis and Monica were a great help and when the port was rejected Janis even started checking daily for a local number for me. Even though I have canceled the port she is still working with their carrier to get me a local number. I wish all customer service people worked as hard as the ones in oomas provisioning department.
#9700 by buzzman
Thu May 14, 2009 5:51 pm
Shell, may I know how you got those names from the provisioning department. In my case, communication from provisioning has been very limited.

According to Saiyad from provisioning, they're still working with their carrier to get a porting date. I don't really know what "their carrier" means. Meanwhile, Qwest still can't even see the porting request.

Shell wrote:I totally believe that jmassimilla every time I talked to someone they never seemed to know anything. I have decided to cancel the port as I am moving and there won't be enough time to get the port completed by the time they send me the paper if they do and when I move.

I have to say kudos to ooma, Janis and Monica were a great help and when the port was rejected Janis even started checking daily for a local number for me. Even though I have canceled the port she is still working with their carrier to get me a local number. I wish all customer service people worked as hard as the ones in oomas provisioning department.
#9701 by Shell
Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 pm
Buzzman Janis is the one I have been emailing back and forth with since the beginning of the porting process and Monica is who I spoke with when I called in yesterday. I guess I just happened to get 2 very helpful reps I really don't fault ooma at all for this after all this isn't the first time I had problems with Verizon lol
#9707 by bryanlyle
Fri May 15, 2009 3:32 am
Shell wrote:Buzzman Janis is the one I have been emailing back and forth with since the beginning of the porting process and Monica is who I spoke with when I called in yesterday. I guess I just happened to get 2 very helpful reps I really don't fault ooma at all for this after all this isn't the first time I had problems with Verizon lol

Monica is the one that got the ball rolling for my port. I sent in my request on 4/1 and heard nothing for two weeks. I called in and they couldn't find my request, so Monica asked that I fax it directly to her. Once I did that, I was ported within 2 weeks.
#10149 by rodstree
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm
I think most of these problems are due to the losing service providers poor cooperation. I requested porting on 7 May 2009 and it happened on 21 May 2009. I was surprised because that was the first thing my former VOIP provider ever did right! It took a lot longer when I moved from Qwest to the other VOIP provider. All of my status messages were from Jennifer. Hope it happens for you soon.