Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9562 by Shell
Wed May 13, 2009 5:03 am
I started the porting process on 4/9 was told on 4/24 that Verizon rejected the port upon calling Verizon they said the only reason they would reject a port is if there was a pending change or money owed so we figured it was because i just dropped to a lower plan after starting the process. So ooma resubmits the port request. Yesterday ooma says Verizon is rejecting it again so I called Verizon today and guess what they don't even show any porting request for my account at all! I tell you this is very aggravating. Has anyone else had this happen where your current carrier isn't even showing a request yet ooma is telling you it was rejected?
And before anyone says call support I am waiting for them to open up just thought I would see if this happened to anyone else.
#9563 by buzzman
Wed May 13, 2009 5:39 am
This is my experience with Qwest.

I sent in my request via email to Ooma on 4/1 and Ooma submitted the request to Qwest on the following business day saying that I'll get another email once the porting date has been determined. Two weeks later, I still didn't get any communication from Ooma so I called, and they said my OLA was rejected by QWest 10 days earlier. I didn't really appreciate that I had to call in to find this out.

I re-sent the OLA to Ooma and like the first one, I didn't hear anything from Ooma. After multiple calls and emails trying to find out if my latest OLA went through, I finally got an email from Saiyad (Ooma provisioning) 2 weeks ago that the "due" date for my porting is the week of 5/13 (this week). The email also said that I will get another email confirming the exact date. Of course, I never got this exact date email. I called Ooma last week and the CSR assured me that the porting date is indeed 5/13, but when I called Qwest (a handful of times), the CSR said that they couldn't locate the porting request. Yesterday, I called Qwest again to make sure my DSL doesn't get disconnected during the porting, and the CSR "seems" to confirm that the porting date is indeed 5/13.

But as of 8:30 am Central, I can still connect to my landline, so I'm not sure if the porting will go through today after all.
#9564 by bryanlyle
Wed May 13, 2009 5:58 am
buzzman wrote:But as of 8:30 am Central, I can still connect to my landline, so I'm not sure if the porting will go through today after all.

Can you call your landline phone #? I was able to call out all day on the day my number was ported. Incoming calls got a "This number is not in service" message.
#9622 by arkumar15
Wed May 13, 2009 3:14 pm
Hi Shell,

I ported my number from verizon. I didn't have any problem as you said. I requested my porting on 04/02/09 and i got an email yesterday (05/12/09) saying that my porting will be completed today (05/13/09). As they said, i got another email at 4.30 p.m (CT) informing me that the porting is done. I didn't have to reboot the hub even. Everything went well and it is working fine too.

Shell wrote:I started the porting process on 4/9 was told on 4/24 that Verizon rejected the port upon calling Verizon they said the only reason they would reject a port is if there was a pending change or money owed so we figured it was because i just dropped to a lower plan after starting the process. So ooma resubmits the port request. Yesterday ooma says Verizon is rejecting it again so I called Verizon today and guess what they don't even show any porting request for my account at all! I tell you this is very aggravating. Has anyone else had this happen where your current carrier isn't even showing a request yet ooma is telling you it was rejected?
And before anyone says call support I am waiting for them to open up just thought I would see if this happened to anyone else.
#9624 by Shell
Wed May 13, 2009 4:21 pm
Well I spent the better part of 4 hours on the phone today between ooma and Verizon cs. Absolutely nothing is resolved. Someone from ooma was supposed to check on something and call me back in an hour but that never happened. So I guess tomorrow I will call once again and if they are still playing I will just cancel the port and disconnect the Verizon line. I wanted to keep the number but I am not going to keep getting the run around on it.
I am glad the rest of you aren't having the troubles I am.
#9625 by buzzman
Wed May 13, 2009 4:41 pm
After calling Ooma for the second time today, finally someone from Ooma told me the difference about a "due date" and porting date. Initially, another Ooma CSR confirmed that the porting will be done today even when I told him Qwest has no knowledge of the porting request. The second Ooma CSR told me that a due date is a soft-date, meaning Qwest is supposed to inform Ooma the exact porting date by the due date.

Multiple emails to Ooma provisioning department and one CSR over the past few weeks yielded nothing; I mean ZERO response. And I've also called Ooma multiple times and in all cases (except today's), the CSR told me that the porting date is indeed 5/13.

Ooma NEEDS A BETTER JOB in this porting business!
#9626 by Pandora
Wed May 13, 2009 5:03 pm
When I ported my number to Ooma, it took about 5 weeks. Ooma didn't act on it for the first 2 weeks, until I called to inquire about status. After that they seemed to do a great job.

Ooma needs to let people know what is happening. I never change ANY service on a number about to be ported. The safest thing to do is just to pay the bill and leave the number set up as it was until the port is complete.

I like having my old number ported to Ooma and not having any monthly bill. Though Ooma still doesn't have outgoing caller-id set up for my number.
#9644 by jmassimilla
Thu May 14, 2009 5:27 am
I've learned from past experience that Verizon is very adept at messing things up. The more complex the situation, the more confused they are. You can talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers.
#9648 by number9
Thu May 14, 2009 6:12 am
Shell, I'm sure you sick of hearing this, but, try to be patient. You are going to have make several phone calls and put out some effort if you really want to keep your number... My port took a very long time to complete, because AT&Fee was not sure which department ooma/I needed to speak with! I was on the phone with an ooma rep for about 3 hours being transferred from one department to the other and ended up back where we started from within AT&Fee.
If I read correctly, you are not that attached to your phone number, you could get a new number and be done. If you do need to keep your current number you are going to have spend time on the phone like I did.