Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109513 by Telo_BK
Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm
Ooma's support on the weekends is from 8-5PST. At 7PM today (Saturday) I was on the phone with a good friend who needs a little help. Then the call made the sound of one of those spring-type doorstoppers, when it is bent and let-go. Then nothing. I hung up and tried to call him back- no dialtone. The Ooma Telo is flashing red.

I've had the Telo for about two months, and so far no major problems (except for the peripherals)- the Telo has worked fine. But not now. I have a flashing red Logo and the two line lights are lit. I have unplugged it and restarted- twice- still no phone service. Support is closed (even if there were level 2 people there now). I design electronic products, and can't think of anything to get this thing back online.

No need to reply with try this, try that- I've done that. I need someone at Ooma to look at the status from their end and do some diagnostics. But nobody's there. So we have no home phone. AAAAARGH! :x
#109515 by lbmofo
Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 pm
Telo_BK wrote:I design electronic products, and can't think of anything to get this thing back online.

No need to reply with try this, try that- I've done that. I need someone at Ooma to look at the status from their end and do some diagnostics. But nobody's there. So we have no home phone. AAAAARGH! :x

How about getting your internet back for your Telo? Ooma can't see your device if it is not online. Rebooting your router will most likely get your Ooma back online.
#109531 by Telo_BK
Sun May 05, 2013 4:00 pm
Ooma fixed it. It took about two hours (today, and about an hour of troubleshooting last night after Ooma's office hours were over). The CSRs were nice, but after about an hour of unplugging, re-plugging and rebooting my modem, router, and Ooma- the first call wound up with me calling my ISP to see if they were blocking ports (again this began suddenly, while I was on the phone, then was disconnected). :x The second call got me to the person who ultimately determined that my Telo registration wasn't correct and corrected it. After a little more than two hours, it's fixed. ;)

I was afraid they were going to ask me to uncover the cable out to the street and check it foot by foot- but it never came to that. The CSR was very nice, and pleasant, but I had planned to use that two hours today for something else! :?

In case it will help someone else: Ooma said that the line 1 and 2 (only) along with the flashing red logo means it's a firewall issue (but it wasn't in my equipment so I had to call the ISP). Ooma was able to see my Telo, and it looked as though it should be working (from their POV). They had me try going into Ooma setup and running a port scan. I saw that port 123 was blocked. Everyone was stumped. But the CSR was persistent- and I was impressed! They determined that my Telo was supposed to be out-of-service because about a month prior they had (unnecessarily) sent me a replacement (read used) unit.

Why did they send a replacement, and flag my Telo (which I had bought brand new) as destined for replacement? Because the voicemail is recording at too high gain and saturating the ADC (it clips badly unless the caller is speaking unusually quietly). However that, of course, happens even when the Telo is unplugged. So it's not related to the Telo. But the (typically friendly and courteous) CSR wanted to send me a replacement, and I dutifully tried it, then sent it back. I have the feeling of working a part-time job to save a little money on our phone bill.