Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109502 by MCSFIP
Sat May 04, 2013 1:33 pm
Last 2 days when I call out, I get a dial tone and the call goes through but when answered both sides are down. Total silence.
That person calls back they hear it ring and when I pick up the connection is lost and total silence. Any Thoughts??
#109503 by markinaz
Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 pm
I am a long time Ooma customer and have new issues that pretty much started yesterday/today.

- Phone rings, pick it up, hear a dial tone
- Phone does not ring, but incoming calls go directly to voicemail
- Phone rings, pick it up, no one there (silence)
- Dial out a call from dialtone, does not ring, but the other party says their phone was ringing and when they picked it up, no one was there

I have tested this and it is happening for me too when I dial to and from my cell phone from the Ooma

Furthermore, another new problem

- When I am on the Ooma I am unable to connect to the Internet from my desktop. Both Ooma and desktop are Ethernet-cable connected to a router. This is also new -- always was able to be on the phone and working on the desktop at the same time, until last day or two. Ooma seems to prevent the desktop internet connection.

WTF? Has Ooma pushed through some updates that have effed up our usability?

My ISP has no clues, they think it is my network interface card, but I am very suspicious it is either Ooma or MS Windows update (and I just rolled that back and it didn't fix the problem, so that leaves Ooma).

So that leaves Ooma.

Again WTF?

Anyone else having issues?
#109526 by Tom
Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 am
Last 2 days when I call out

Your unit is in the beta group and the upgrade to the beta somehow triggered bug 9681 on your unit, which is unexpected. In any case I've reverted your unit to 66439 and we will investigate. After your reboot today there's good calls however.
#109611 by MCSFIP
Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 am
Tom, Thanks for your response. I did reboot and the problem was fixed. I was away the past 3 days and when I return
I'll check it again.