Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109606 by murphy
Wed May 08, 2013 6:41 am
Play and fast forward lit mean it is expecting to see a land line connected to the Wall port and can't find one.
1 and 2 lit mean it can't register on the Ooma network.

Was this hub activated in land line integration mode?
#109608 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 am
This hub was activated a several years ago so I can't say how exactly it was done. I have been using it connected to the web via my Comcast cable modem for years now though and it has worked fine. Usually cycling the power and disconnecting all of the cables will get things working again, but it doesn't seem to be helping thing time around. As I said, at first it was the rightmost top two rows of lights (4) that were red. After reconnecting it today, it was the rightmost top 2 and bottom 2. Pulling the ethernet cable (from the modem) out results in all 6 lights showing red.

murphy wrote:Play and fast forward lit mean it is expecting to see a land line connected to the Wall port and can't find one.
1 and 2 lit mean it can't register on the Ooma network.

Was this hub activated in land line integration mode?
#109616 by lbmofo
Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 am
What murphy is pointing out is that your Ooma may need a dialtone fed to it (either landline dialtone or any other kind of dialtone to the "wall" port) in order for it to work.
If you don't want that anymore, call Ooma customer service and they can turn it into a standalone unit.
#109618 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 10:56 am
Okay, but why would it suddenly need this after working properly for years in it's current configuration?
And no, I no longer have a landline, though I still have the wall ports for such a phone.

lbmofo wrote:What murphy is pointing out is that your Ooma may need a dialtone fed to it (either landline dialtone or any other kind of dialtone to the "wall" port) in order for it to work.
If you don't want that anymore, call Ooma customer service and they can turn it into a standalone unit.
#109621 by murphy
Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am
Kort wrote:Okay, but why would it suddenly need this after working properly for years in it's current configuration?
And no, I no longer have a landline, though I still have the wall ports for such a phone.

lbmofo wrote:What murphy is pointing out is that your Ooma may need a dialtone fed to it (either landline dialtone or any other kind of dialtone to the "wall" port) in order for it to work.
If you don't want that anymore, call Ooma customer service and they can turn it into a standalone unit.

It wouldn't change on its own. I mentioned it because of the error code that you got. You should probably contact customer support and ask them to check the status of your unit from their end.
#109624 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm
If ooma customer support can do that, then I'm all for it.

murphy wrote:
Kort wrote:Okay, but why would it suddenly need this after working properly for years in it's current configuration?
And no, I no longer have a landline, though I still have the wall ports for such a phone.

lbmofo wrote:What murphy is pointing out is that your Ooma may need a dialtone fed to it (either landline dialtone or any other kind of dialtone to the "wall" port) in order for it to work.
If you don't want that anymore, call Ooma customer service and they can turn it into a standalone unit.

It wouldn't change on its own. I mentioned it because of the error code that you got. You should probably contact customer support and ask them to check the status of your unit from their end.
#109627 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 pm
I've got support on chat right now. They say, "Your device is not activated as landline integrated."
They don't seem to get that if I connect the hub, then I lose my internet connection -- making troubleshooting with them online rather difficult.
#109629 by lbmofo
Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 pm
Does your apple router have LAN ports? If so, just connect Ooma's "modem" port to one of the LAN ports in the router. Leave the Ooma "home" port empty.
#109630 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm
lbmofo wrote:Does your apple router have LAN ports? If so, just connect Ooma's "modem" port to one of the LAN ports in the router. Leave the Ooma "home" port empty.


I think it does. Thanks for the tip.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests