Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109473 by Kort
Fri May 03, 2013 2:42 pm
I have the basic Ooma system (1st generation, the white boxy one) ...just the Hub since my 2 scouts died along the way.
It had been working fine until yesterday. Now the clear OOMA tab on the top isn't blue, but a flashing red (or amber), and the top 4 buttons stay a solid red after cycling the power. In this state, I cannot get any internet connection, much less a phone signal.

I tried the usual resets with no luck. My Comcast cable modem is working fine as is my Apple Airport. Comcast checked the modem and reports no issues. The Hub was between the two so I unplugged the modem from the Hub and plugged the modem directly into the Airport. I have internet connectivity again. I cannot locate my manual so am unsure what the 4 solid red lights (top 2 rows, 2x2) means. It does appear that there is an issue with my hub/base station though. :(

I've had my system for several years now so have no warranty. Never really did anyway since I was sent the system for review purposes.

Any advice? Thanks.
~ Kort
#109474 by murphy
Fri May 03, 2013 3:14 pm
Trash can and envelope soild red.
The hub cannot get an internet connection.

1 and 2 are solid red.
The hub is unable to register to the Ooma network.
This would have to be true if the first condition is true.

Are the LEDs on the Internet connector lit? There should be a solid green and a randomly flashing amber.

Try a factory reset.

Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.
#109489 by Kort
Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 am
Tried the factory reset.
After a few attempts, the results are the same. It cycles through the buttons and then the OOMA button flashes while all 6 of the right side buttons (2x2x2) are solid red now. :?

I reconnect to modem to my router, bypassing the OOMA Hub, and all works fine again. Do you think my hub has kicked the bucket. It still operates obviously, but is having serious issues.
#109492 by murphy
Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 am
Are you power cycling the modem every time that you change what is connected to it?
If the modem has a backup battery that also must be disconnected.
#109493 by Tom
Sat May 04, 2013 8:06 am
What is the status of the link lights on the ooma modem port when connected to your modem? Should be solid green, blinking amber.
#109496 by Kort
Sat May 04, 2013 9:44 am
murphy wrote:Are you power cycling the modem every time that you change what is connected to it?
If the modem has a backup battery that also must be disconnected.


Tried that. No luck. :cry:
#109535 by Kort
Mon May 06, 2013 6:15 am
Tom B wrote:What is the status of the link lights on the ooma modem port when connected to your modem? Should be solid green, blinking amber.


Can you clarify?
#109536 by murphy
Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 am
Kort wrote:
Tom B wrote:What is the status of the link lights on the ooma modem port when connected to your modem? Should be solid green, blinking amber.


Can you clarify?

The Modem port on the Hub where the internet cable connects the Hub to your Modem has a green and an amber LED.
What are those LEDs doing?
#109537 by Kort
Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 am
I will check them this evening. I'll have to re-plug in everything in the original manner though. Thanks.
#109602 by Kort
Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 am
Okay, on the back where the cables go in, the green LED is solid, and the amber one occasionally flickers.
Today when I powered up the Hub, instead of the top 4 right buttons lit up, the top two and the bottom two stayed lit red, with the center ones off (trash and mail).

murphy wrote:
Kort wrote:
Tom B wrote:What is the status of the link lights on the ooma modem port when connected to your modem? Should be solid green, blinking amber.


Can you clarify?

The Modem port on the Hub where the internet cable connects the Hub to your Modem has a green and an amber LED.
What are those LEDs doing?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests