Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109469 by timaster
Fri May 03, 2013 12:55 pm
Could be a prankster having a bit of fun, if someone used some sort of online service that dials a call, then connects it to a phone number that is entered as the "caller" (like certain click-to-call services that have been mentioned), and either typo'd their own number, or intentionally set the caller to your phone number, then you'd get these mystery calls where both ends are confused. This would have nothing to do with Ooma.
#109480 by generalhappy
Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 pm
I'd agree with the prank theory had it not happened at least a dozen times since I got my ooma hub, and with a different person on the other end every time. And the people are often elderly, not that that necessarily precludes some third party from being the prankster, but they'd have to be awfully persistent to do it every 3-5 months only once each time. Seems to me such a thing shouldn't even be possible, but I don't know everything about this kind of system so I can't say for sure.
#109499 by Tom
Sat May 04, 2013 11:58 am
Any outbound call the ooma makes would appear in your call logs.

Just to confirm, in these double-ringer cases if both of you answer you can talk to each other, correct? And if only one of the parties answers they get dead air?

Since it's not happening on every call it's less likely that the inbound carrier has your number programmed wrong in their switch, but I'll make some inquiries.

I looked at that 215 call and there's nothing unusual about the SIP INVITE into our system. Please keep a record of which calls are the double-ringers.