OOMA Goes Straight To OOMA Voice Mail without ringing phone

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
scottinharwood

OOMA Goes Straight To OOMA Voice Mail without ringing phone

Post by scottinharwood » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 am

My OOMA has started to go straight to OOMA voice mail without ringing the main house phone (which is connected and all OOMA llights are Blue) and only gives me a half-ring on my cell phone before OOMA ports the call to voice mail. Whats up with that? I will try powering down OOMA for 2-minutes to see if it fixes itself. The Web is obviously up since I can access it wirelessly and via my hardline E-Net connection and I do have a dial tone at the house phone that is connected to OOMA and can call out using it. :cry:

lbmofo

Re: OOMA Goes Straight To OOMA Voice Mail without ringing phone

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 am

Does the voicemail end up in your cell phone VM system or Ooma's?

If you have muti-ring enabled, you need to make sure "require key press before answering forwarded calls" is enabled https://my.ooma.com/calling otherwise, the minute your cell phone VM kicks in (for example), the Ooma phone would stop ringing.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: OOMA Goes Straight To OOMA Voice Mail without ringing phone

Post by Tom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

You had 'Do Not Disturb' (DND) enabled on your unit. I went ahead and turned if off. You toggle DND by holding down the envelope button for 3 sec. until it either turns amber (DND on) or blue (DND off).