Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#108221 by Nazarac
Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 pm
I had to move my Telo as I am finishing my basement 2 days ago. Was working fine until I moved it. Hooked it back up and I saw the lights on the bottom (rewind, stop, play, forward) cycle for a bit like I have seen before so I left it thinking everything was fine. After a while, I noticed it still wasn't offering telephone service. I thought it was hooked up wrong so I unplugged it again and reseated the cables. While it powered up, the 1 and 2 light up blue but nothing else. I see periodically the network activity light flash (not very fast like if it was actively doing something on the network but occasionally). Tried unplugging it again and plugging it back in - same thing. Left it unplugged last night and tried with just the power cable and nothing else this morning, same thing... I tried holding the stop and trash can buttons for a while but no response. The Ooma symbol never lights up blue or red. Is it dead :?:
#108223 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm
Nazarac wrote:I had to move my Telo as I am finishing my basement 2 days ago. Was working fine until I moved it. Hooked it back up and I saw the lights on the bottom (rewind, stop, play, forward) cycle for a bit like I have seen before so I left it thinking everything was fine. After a while, I noticed it still wasn't offering telephone service. I thought it was hooked up wrong so I unplugged it again and reseated the cables. While it powered up, the 1 and 2 light up blue but nothing else. I see periodically the network activity light flash (not very fast like if it was actively doing something on the network but occasionally). Tried unplugging it again and plugging it back in - same thing. Left it unplugged last night and tried with just the power cable and nothing else this morning, same thing... I tried holding the stop and trash can buttons for a while but no response. The Ooma symbol never lights up blue or red. Is it dead :?:

Sometimes this works:
With power removed from the Ooma Telo, disconnect everything from the Ooma Telo, network cables, anything attached to the USB port, and any phone cords.

Repower the Ooma Telo and see if it will boot to the Red flashing Ooma symbol. If the Ooma Telo boots to the Red flashing Ooma symbol, then connect the Ooma Telo normally and try it.
#108230 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm
Nazarac wrote:Tried that but it did not work....

Probably the boot loader has failed.

If the Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, Ooma Will send you a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send along a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT