Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#108078 by renatae
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:40 am
Just got the new HD2 and so far so good. Did have a gray screen issue, but removing the batteries a few times resolved it.

I notice on the photos of the handset that it's labeled "Living Room" where mine says "Handset 1" I haven't been able to find any way to change my label. Can anyone give me a tip?

Thanks! Looking forward to having my second line option now that I've replaced my dead original handset with the HD2!!!
#108079 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:42 am
Go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers.

In Main Account, click on Setup Device. A window called Setup Device opens.

In the blank following Name, type in the name that you want to use for your HD2 handset.

Following the word Type, click on the down arrow and select HD2 Handset.

In the Device ID blank enter the HD2 device ID. Pick up your HD2 handset. Device ID can be found by clicking on the HD2 Menu button. Then using the Navigation Pad bar, select the About handset (circle i) Icon. Then press the Select button which is located in the middle of the navigation bar. The letter/number combination that follows the words Device ID: is what is to be entered into the My Ooma Setup Device window. (Device ID can also be found in Ooma Setup, DECT Settings page under DECT Id, using the last six letter/number combination for Device Id).

Following the word Account do nothing.

Click on the Save button.

It takes about ten or fifteen minutes to see the new HD2 name appear on the HD2 handset screen.
#108082 by renatae
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 am
Thanks, Thunderbird! You know just about everything! They should pay you for this. :D