Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#108065 by plasmo
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 pm
So, I've been a very happy Ooma user for many years now, and have been using the original Ooma hub...

Today it looks like my unit died (cannot power on anymore / no lights when plugged in) :( ?is it really dead or anyone know any tricks to fix this? (i already tried to hard reboot with holding down the blue button which no longer lights up at all).

Obviously I have saved a bunch over the years, and the Ooma has paid for itself many times over.
Anyway, I have not kept up with the current Ooma units or new models, and was wondering if there was anything new I need to know about these Telo units etc. I see that there is now a tax.

Also, does anyone know if I will need to re-Port my phone # if I decide to buy the new Telo unit, even if I already have an Ooma phone # account established?

THANKS!
#108069 by murphy
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 am
Do not activate the new unit or connect it to your network before you call customer support to do the swap.
#108070 by oomg
Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 am
Or if you are like me and really like the Hub/Scout, you can try to find another Hub? There are some out there being offered on the used market places. There are even a few out there that have never been activated. Don't forget that Ooma will charge about $80 to transfer one that has been previously activated.
#110290 by Fort Wayne Bill
Sun May 26, 2013 12:09 pm
I am a Newbee to Ooma. I installed a "new" Ooma Hub and Scout (did not use the Scout, however, as I don't think we have a need for it). I purchased the unit on e-Bay for $100. It had never been activated before so the only fee I was charged was the $39 to port my old landline number. That porting only took four days. I think e-Bay may be your best source for used and "new" units (there are 10 such units on e-Bay as of this time, I just checked). If the unit has been activated before there will be a $79 reactivation fee from Ooma. Hope this helps you. :D :D