Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107890 by watchdogfl
Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm
Today I moved my telo to a different spot in the same room. Basically closer so I could use my bluetooth headset with out interference. I powered it up, discovered bluetooth headset, and tested by dialing out. All was fine. 5 hours later I noticed my ooma had no lights on. Unplugged it, and plugged it back in and nothing, nada, zip.

So my question is, is this common? For ooma's just to die like this? Or is the power adapter the problem?

I'm concerned because if I have to replace an ooma telo every two years, then it really is not as much of a savings over a land line as is claimed.

Another question, should I choose to replace the telo... are there any hidden charges I need to know about? Like a fee for connecting a new unit or something like that?

Thanks for your help.
#107891 by WayneDsr
Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 pm
Can you call out on the Telo or receive calls? Sometime hitting the SUN icon will turn all the lights off. Tap it a few times to bring the lights back up. Hopefully this is your only problem.

Wayne
#107892 by watchdogfl
Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Can you call out on the Telo or receive calls? Sometime hitting the SUN icon will turn all the lights off. Tap it a few times to bring the lights back up. Hopefully this is your only problem.

Wayne

Even when the lights are dimmed or off, the ooma still blinks the lights when powering back up. So that's not it.
#107893 by lbmofo
Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm
Are you connected via wifi now? If so reboot router?
#107897 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 am
watchdogfl:
If the Ooma Telo is completely black with no lights, even at the back of the Ooma Telo where the Internet cable is connect, (should see a tiny solid light and a tiny flashing light), then move the Ooma Telo back to the location where it last worked and plug it in for testing.

Is the Ooma Symbol flashing Red? If so, the Ooma Telo isn't "seeing" the Internet.

Check your network cable connections and make sure that the Internet signal cable is connected to the Ooma Telo Internet port. Internet signal network cable comes from the Modem or a Router LAN port.
#107932 by watchdogfl
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm
No lights at all. No network lights, no flashing anything lights (ooma symbol or otherwise). Based on the responses, I'm guessing no one has experienced this before so this must be a completely dead ooma. unpluging the power and plugging it back in does not do anything.

The only thing left to decide is whether or not purchasing another telo is worth it.
#107933 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:41 pm
Why were you asking about the power adapter? Did you plug a different power adapter into the Telo?
If "To Internet" port connected to your router via ethernet does not have flashing lights by the port then your network component in the Telo is probably dead. If you were to get a new Telo, just get a new one from one of the authorized retailers (Costco $129.99), call Ooma customer service and have them swap out the hardware over the phone. No fee involved.
#107938 by WayneDsr
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 am
If you can get a volt meter see if the power adapter is putting out any power, could be the power supply too.

Wayne
#107939 by watchdogfl
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 am
RESOLUTION:

It turns out it was the AC adapter. I borrowed one with a similar plug from a USB hub and the Telo is working fine. Though I'm now down a hub.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement AC adapter?