Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107713 by ianlin
Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:27 pm
I recently installed Telo. Phone calls are working fine. But P2P stopped working. In my case, Telo is between modem and router. P2P was working before Telo installation. All the necessary ports are forwarded correctly in the router. I think I can most likely resolve the issue by putting Telo behind router. But my situation is such that Telo infront of router is necessary. Is there a way to port forward in Telo to make it work?
#107726 by ianlin
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am
Thanks, lbmofo, for your reply.
I took several readings for me to understand what this person is trying to do.
I think he first limits Ooma's DHCP server to give out only one IP address.
As a result, the router can only get that one address.
Then he port forwards to the router's new IP address.
Do I have it right?

I have a couple of thoughts:
1. Why not have Ooma assign a static IP address to router? Why do it in such a round about way?
2. Does the Ooma have a DMZ? What if I put router's IP in the Ooma's DMZ?
3. Why not forward all ports? It would be effectively creating a DMZ. It will save trouble in the future if I have some other applications needing ports forwarded.
#107731 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 am
Connecting your Ooma Telo, Modem-Router-Ooma as shown in Step 2,

https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... G_2011.pdf

will also correct your problem.

Using this connection, nothing is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, except temporarily to access Ooma Setup. The Ooma Setup>Advanced page Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internet Speed settings are usually set to Zero.