Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9319 by oomaInMn
Fri May 08, 2009 6:06 am
On most calls my phone registers two caller ID entries for each call.

My setup: no phone hooked up to hub, cordless phone hooked up to a scout

Ideas?

It must be Ooma as the phone always registered one entry per call before I switched to Ooma.
#9348 by bryanlyle
Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 am
oomaInMn wrote:On most calls my phone registers two caller ID entries for each call.

Ideas?

It must be Ooma as the phone always registered one entry per call before I switched to Ooma.

Same problem here with my Panasonic DECT 6.0 system (Panasonic KX-TG6443T). I have the newest model (larger screen). My older set of Panasonic phones don't have this problem.

What phones do you have?

If you connect phone to hub, do you have same problem?
#9350 by oomaInMn
Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 pm
bryanlyle wrote:
oomaInMn wrote:On most calls my phone registers two caller ID entries for each call.

Ideas?

Same problem here with my Panasonic DECT 6.0 system (Panasonic KX-TG6443T). I have the newest model (larger screen). My older set of Panasonic phones don't have this problem.

What phones do you have?

If you connect phone to hub, do you have same problem?

Panasonic KX-TGA101S here.

Too much trouble for me to connect to the hub directly. Just wondering if my experience is typical.
#9419 by oomaInMn
Sun May 10, 2009 5:50 am
When I hook up the cordless phone to the base I don't get duplicate caller ID entries. When hooked up to the scout I do.

Still not sure why this is so. But I fixed my problem anyway.
#35195 by leinerd
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 am
I'm having the same problem with my Scout and Panasonic phone. I think my other phone would have the problem except that it only records the last entry when 2 calls in a row are received from the same caller. Second tier customer service claims never to have heard of this problem, which is pretty annoying given the messages posted here. Anything thing new on this?
#43424 by leinerd
Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 pm
Got an email from Ooma tech support saying they can't figure out why this is happening and have no solution. That sucks!

--Dave
#43436 by amoney
Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:07 pm
leinerd wrote:Got an email from Ooma tech support saying they can't figure out why this is happening and have no solution. That sucks!

--Dave

Post it!

(screen shot even better, minus any personal info)

I assume this is isolated to your handsets only, not in your call log in my.ooma.

If i read correctly possibly the second line my be the root cause. There has been little issues with the scout including the VM indicator light due to a incorrect tone sequence. Other threads indicating a issue where the scout has a incorrect serial number associated with the hub, and had issues, although I dont think that symptom would realate to this issue. Bottom line the Scout is relaying the caller ID info in a form which appears to the Panasonic handsets as a double call.

There obviously seems to be some quirky issues. I have never heard of any other manufacture having so many caller ID issues. I thought caller ID is basic stuff. Why is Ooma having such a difficult time.

Foot note, my Panasonic (and other brands) sets dont get call waiting caller ID with the Telo.