Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107669 by daewon
Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:47 pm
I just got a new microwave oven yesterday and it seems to play havoc with the Telo. When in use it causes the telo to freak out like it's rebooting or trying to recconect or something. I have the wireless adapter connected but the microwave use does not seem to affect any other nearby wireless devices. Has anyone else run into this?
#107672 by murphy
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 am
Microwave ovens operate at 2450 MHz. That is closest to channel 9 which is at 2452 MHz. The channel that is farthest away from the microwave frequency is channel 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

That said the energy in a microwave oven is not supposed to be detectible outside of the oven.

Are the the microwave and the Telo connected to the same circuit breaker? The oven draws close to 15 amperes and if there are any loose connections in that circuit the voltage will drop significantly which also would cause a problem for the Telo.
#107698 by daewon
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm
murphy wrote:Microwave ovens operate at 2450 MHz. That is closest to channel 9 which is at 2452 MHz. The channel that is farthest away from the microwave frequency is channel 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

That said the energy in a microwave oven is not supposed to be detectible outside of the oven.

Are the the microwave and the Telo connected to the same circuit breaker? The oven draws close to 15 amperes and if there are any loose connections in that circuit the voltage will drop significantly which also would cause a problem for the Telo.

I'm on channel 1 right now with no success. The telo is the only thing effected. I do believe they are on the same breaker but there was a microwave oven plugged into the same place as this one for years with no problem unil this new one 2 days ago.
#107699 by WayneDsr
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:10 pm
I would sincerely be worried about any leaking microwave frequencies. I'd take that back for a different one.

Wayne
#107715 by daewon
Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:50 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I would sincerely be worried about any leaking microwave frequencies. I'd take that back for a different one.

Wayne

I'm wondering about that myself. But right next to the telo i have an internet radio and a laptop connected to the same wireless router that is uneffected. Also i have an emf meter and i moved it around the microwave. There is some emf reading up to about 5 or 6 inches around the microwave then nothing. It just doesn't make any sense...