Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9318 by molinafamily1
Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 am
After installing my Ooma Hub I can no longer use the Back To My Mac feature with my 2 apple computer. I think the problem is that previously my router used NAT (Network Address Translation) and if I am correct the Ooma Hub Uses NAT as well, causing my issues. Is there a different way I should be connecting the Hub as aposed to in-line with the modem and router. My Router cannot disable NAT. Thanks
#9321 by WayneDsr
Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 am
There may be a fix for you, but I'm not fluent in Mac.
However if you connect ooma directly to your router, as you would a pc, it will work just fine. That's how mine is connected.

Wayne
#9332 by molinafamily1
Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 am
So your suggestion is to plug it in to the router like I would a regular computer to the router? does this affect call quality? I thought the reason for being in between modem and router was to set aside a specific amount of bandwidth for the Ooma Hub. Thanks
#9334 by WayneDsr
Fri May 08, 2009 7:36 am
It is supposed to work like that, but most end up putting ooma behind the router. You will probably gain in quality this way. If you need to adjust any Quality of Service, most routers have either a QOS control or at least a port priority control you can adjust.
Try it and see for yourself. You may not need to worry about adjustments at all. YMMV.

Wayne