Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107101 by randyw57
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 am
The Ooma Wireless Adapter has a light on it.
What are the various states that light can be in and what do they mean?

I've seen:
1. Off
2. Solid Blue
3. Solid Blue with intermittent flashes
4. ?

Thanks!
#107113 by lbmofo
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm
Couldn't find any reference on this but what about
Blue=connected
Blue flashing=communications activity between router
Other color=not connected to router
#107136 by Tom
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:13 am
Note that if you boot up on the wired network, the light on the wireless adapter won't turn on until you disconnect the wire from the internet port. This happens whether you have a wireless network configured in setup.ooma already or not.
#107246 by randyw57
Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 am
I plugged the Wireless Adapter back in along with the Ethernet cable.
Mainly so I wouldn't loose track of the adapter.
I did notice in the router logs that there is very regular communication between the
router and the Wireless Adapter even when the Ooma is using the wired connection.
I didn't see any lights on the Wireless Adapter.
Is the Wireless Adapter constantly trying to establish connection? Even though the Ooma
is working on the other interface?
#107247 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 am
randyw57 wrote:I plugged the Wireless Adapter back in along with the Ethernet cable.
Mainly so I wouldn't loose track of the adapter.
I did notice in the router logs that there is very regular communication between the
router and the Wireless Adapter even when the Ooma is using the wired connection.
I didn't see any lights on the Wireless Adapter.
Is the Wireless Adapter constantly trying to establish connection? Even though the Ooma
is working on the other interface?

Go here for more information for Keepalive circuits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keepalive
#107256 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am
randyw57 wrote:Ooma is keeping the wireless connection alive even though there is a working wired connection?

What would happen if you disconnected the wired network cable from the Ooma Telo Internet port, and the the wireless connection, which is still plugged into the USB port, was dead (had no commication with the Ooma Telo)?

Later add answer:
If the Keepalive signal was missing, the Wi-Fi signal would never stay connected/or probably even connect for the first time, especially if the Internet connection had momentary connection disruptions.
Last edited by thunderbird on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#107263 by randyw57
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 am
Well, I think what you were going to say is that while I was on a call thru Ooma if the
the wired connection failed it would switch over to the wireless and keep the call.
I tried that. It didn't. Is it supposed to?