Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107029 by bullman
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am
Had a very interesting chat with customer support today. Called them to confirm porting (which went well, keeping fingers crossed!).
After that was addressed, the agent went into high-pressure sell mode, saying that they have a special on premier for $59 for first year, etc. and that it includes some amazing features such as caller-id, etc.
I was surprised and told the agent that the Ooma website states that caller-id is included in the basic package. The agent then said, "Oh, no, only outbound caller-id is included and NOT inbound caller-ID in basic. So do you want to sign-up for $59?"

With that chat window open, i had another one with a sales agent and they said inbound caller ID is included in the basic service and does NOT require premier.

I am hoping that the sales agent is correct. Otherwise, I am pissed at Ooma for blatent misleading statements (https://www.ooma.com/products/basic).

Can folks confirm that inbound caller-id (and call-waiting) is included in the basic package?
#107030 by bullman
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am
Just found this on the FAQ section. Wow! What a sneaky agent!! :(

Does Ooma provide caller-ID service?

Ooma provides inbound caller-ID at no extra charge for all calls that come in on a number you've selected from Ooma or a number you've ported to Ooma. If you're using the Ooma system with a landline back-up, however, you'll need to get inbound caller-ID from your landline phone company.

Ooma also provides outgoing caller-ID at no extra charge. By default, during activation, your caller-ID will be set to use your last and first names. If you wish to change or personalize an existing outgoing caller-ID name at a later time, you can choose to do so for a one-time charge of $19.99. Acceptable caller-ID names contain some combination of your first name, last name and/or your home business name. New requests and changes for outgoing caller-ID name are processed within 5 business days.
#107031 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am
You get inbound callerid in the basic package. The confusion might come from the fact that incoming callerid would only include number and not name in the basic package. However, if you have contacts made up on my.oom.com, the contact name would show up when you have incoming calls with matching number. The Premier would give you incoming callerid name on top of callerid number.

Feature comparison between Basic and Premier: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/feature ... -and-basic
#107092 by Tom
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am
Caller Name and Selectable Ring Pattern are both not available on Basic.
Caller Name will work on Basic however for contacts added to your Online phonebook.

The page will be corrected.