Is there a prefered fax machine ..?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
in2dadark

Is there a prefered fax machine ..?

Post by in2dadark » Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 am

I'm getting ready to buy another fax machine. My old one fell out of a 3rd story window.. Uh..well I helped it out...

Is there a fax that will work better with ooma..? I'm not looking to spend much though. It is for a second home office set up where I only send faxes...

I checked out the old posts and saw tht if you use the *99 it should work and I almost got old girl to work before she..fell to her death..Thanks..

bw1

Re: Is there a prefered fax machine ..?

Post by bw1 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:02 am

in2dadark wrote:I'm getting ready to buy another fax machine. My old one fell out of a 3rd story window.. Uh..well I helped it out...
LOL, that must have been fun!

in2dadark wrote:
Is there a fax that will work better with ooma..? I'm not looking to spend much though. It is for a second home office set up where I only send faxes...

I checked out the old posts and saw tht if you use the *99 it should work and I almost got old girl to work before she..fell to her death..Thanks..
Do a search, there is a thread about what machines worked best.

hornerdavidk

Post by hornerdavidk » Fri May 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Try to find one that lets you manually adjust the bitrate lower. Lower bitrate means better chance of success.

wndrmike

Post by wndrmike » Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm

I have a hp officejet 7200 series all in one and it works great, have to dial *99 before the number

rgucciardi

Post by rgucciardi » Sat May 16, 2009 7:36 am

I have an HP Photosmart C6150 and can't find a way to send *99. I've set the QoSto 0 and still can't fax. Has anyone been successfull with one of these?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sat May 16, 2009 8:02 am

I'm stupid as far as fax machines, but couldn't you type in *99, before you enter the phone number?

Wayne

dinks100

Post by dinks100 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 am

I have a HP Officejet v40 connected to the hub through a splitter and *99 works just fine for me.

Good luck.

Don't know if it matters but my QoS is set to match my upstream speed.
“Perhaps through hunger you will obtain
a new appreciation for the sustenance offered.”

Lieutenant Commander Data
"to his pet cat Spot"
Federation Starship Enterprise
NCC-1701-E

rgucciardi

Post by rgucciardi » Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm

You would think it would be a simple as typing *99 but when I try to type it, the machine transposes it to 99* and it won't dial at all. Hence the reason for the post. After I posted, I found a workaround and that was to save each number as a speed-dial #, it would then keep the 99* without transposing them. Not ideal but at least it lets me send faxes.