Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#9251 by in2dadark
Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 am
I'm getting ready to buy another fax machine. My old one fell out of a 3rd story window.. Uh..well I helped it out...

Is there a fax that will work better with ooma..? I'm not looking to spend much though. It is for a second home office set up where I only send faxes...

I checked out the old posts and saw tht if you use the *99 it should work and I almost got old girl to work before she..fell to her death..Thanks..
#9278 by bw1
Thu May 07, 2009 11:02 am
in2dadark wrote:I'm getting ready to buy another fax machine. My old one fell out of a 3rd story window.. Uh..well I helped it out...

LOL, that must have been fun!

in2dadark wrote:
Is there a fax that will work better with ooma..? I'm not looking to spend much though. It is for a second home office set up where I only send faxes...

I checked out the old posts and saw tht if you use the *99 it should work and I almost got old girl to work before she..fell to her death..Thanks..

Do a search, there is a thread about what machines worked best.
#9804 by dinks100
Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 am
I have a HP Officejet v40 connected to the hub through a splitter and *99 works just fine for me.

Good luck.

Don't know if it matters but my QoS is set to match my upstream speed.
#9834 by rgucciardi
Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm
You would think it would be a simple as typing *99 but when I try to type it, the machine transposes it to 99* and it won't dial at all. Hence the reason for the post. After I posted, I found a workaround and that was to save each number as a speed-dial #, it would then keep the 99* without transposing them. Not ideal but at least it lets me send faxes.