Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#106775 by dumiooma
Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 am
I have three HD2 handsets. Until today, they have been working fine. When a call came in this morning, one of the handsets made a loud buzzing sound. I answered the call with another one. The call went OK for a couple of minutes, then that handset went completely dead. When I put it back in the holder, the screen never came on again.

When I took the batteries out, they were hot. I checked the voltage and they were both just over 1.0 volt. They should have been 1.2 volts. Not sure why the other HD2 started buzzing while ringing. It still buzzes before answer even with the dead handset out of service. I tried calling the buzzing handset with a cell phone, and after answering, there is still a buzzing on the line. Strange that two HD2's would go bad at exactly the same time.

Any ideas?
#106782 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm
dumiooma wrote:I have three HD2 handsets. Until today, they have been working fine. When a call came in this morning, one of the handsets made a loud buzzing sound. I answered the call with another one. The call went OK for a couple of minutes, then that handset went completely dead. When I put it back in the holder, the screen never came on again.

When I took the batteries out, they were hot. I checked the voltage and they were both just over 1.0 volt. They should have been 1.2 volts. Not sure why the other HD2 started buzzing while ringing. It still buzzes before answer even with the dead handset out of service. I tried calling the buzzing handset with a cell phone, and after answering, there is still a buzzing on the line. Strange that two HD2's would go bad at exactly the same time.

Any ideas?

I've heard of one other HD2 handset having a buzzing sound. Some of the HD2 handset cardles have had buzzing or high pitched sounds.

I'd give Ooma Customer Support a call and see what they say. I believe there is a one year warranty on the HD2 handsets so....

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT