Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#106773 by david5182
Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 am
Hi All,

How many Linx's can I buy and connect to my Ooma Telo? Basically, I have my Ooma on the 3rd floor with the modem/router. I want to install two Linxes - one on the 1st floor and the other on the second. Will Ooma accept both Linxes?

If yes, then can I also have a third phone system connected directly to Ooma? In other words, I want to have three phone systems connected to Ooma. Would that work?

Also, say one of the systems is on a call. If I press talk on the second and third phone systems, will all three system share/tap into the call?

Thanks.

David
#106779 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm
You can have up to 4 devices connected to Telo. Devices can be Linx or HD2. To use Linx and HD2, you can't have any HD1 (older Ooma Telo handsets) in the mix.

If you plug a phone system in the Telo base phone port, with 4 Linx, you can have total of 5 phone system working with Telo.

With Premier, your phone systems would try to use the instant second line first when picking up the phone (and not join in with possible ongoing phone call). Simple flash button or "phone" button on your phone system would let you join a call in progress if any.

With Telo, you can only have 2 max concurrent phone calls going at the same time.
#106781 by Tom
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm
You can connect up to 4 ooma DECT devices to the telo, either HD2 handsets or Linx, or a mix of the two. And you can connect a phone or cordless base to the telo phone port. If one phone is on a call any other phone going offhook can join the call by pressing flash (or on the HD2 by pressing Join and then the desired line).
#106833 by oomg
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 am
Tom B wrote:You can connect up to 4 ooma DECT devices to the telo, either HD2 handsets or Linx, or a mix of the two. And you can connect a phone or cordless base to the telo phone port. If one phone is on a call any other phone going offhook can join the call by pressing flash (or on the HD2 by pressing Join and then the desired line).

Does the Linx device automatically segregate the two numbers on a Premier system? In other words, if I want to install a fax machine will that number be a dedicated fax number? I have looked at the quick start manual but it doesn't address this issue.
#106834 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 am
oomg wrote:
Tom B wrote:You can connect up to 4 ooma DECT devices to the telo, either HD2 handsets or Linx, or a mix of the two. And you can connect a phone or cordless base to the telo phone port. If one phone is on a call any other phone going offhook can join the call by pressing flash (or on the HD2 by pressing Join and then the desired line).

Does the Linx device automatically segregate the two numbers on a Premier system? In other words, if I want to install a fax machine will that number be a dedicated fax number? I have looked at the quick start manual but it doesn't address this issue.

You need to create a private device/account for that Linx and assign a number to that private account.

Under Preferences, Phone Numbers https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers using the last 6 digits of the Linx device ID.
#106882 by oomg
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 pm
lbmofo wrote:
oomg wrote:Does the Linx device automatically segregate the two numbers on a Premier system? In other words, if I want to install a fax machine will that number be a dedicated fax number? I have looked at the quick start manual but it doesn't address this issue.

You need to create a private device/account for that Linx and assign a number to that private account.

Under Preferences, Phone Numbers https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers using the last 6 digits of the Linx device ID.

OK, so it works sort of like the Scout in that regard?