Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#106438 by Letdownwithooma
Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 am
The whole reason I purchased the ooma system was the promise of a great handset. The wait was definitely NOT worth it.

In the past 10 days I purchased 4 handsets. 2 died within hours. Volume on all handsets was low even at high volume. ( no, I'm not some deaf old bastard)

Every time there was some sort ISP interruption the ooma had to be rebooted to get service.

So, I called to cancel my account which I had foolishly paid in advance for a year - you guessed it - no refund.

The only satisfaction I received from my ooma investment was placing these crappy products on my workbench and adjusting them the family hammer. :D

RUN away form this absolute Shiite .... :arrow:
#106446 by oomg
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 am
Whoa... as a long term Ooma user with multiple Ooma systems I can agree with part of what you are saying, but wholeheartedly disagree with your final resolution. First, I too have not been very fond of the handsets. However, the service is great... probably the best VOIP service available.

Second, a recommendation that might help you salvage your investment, at least in part. Try to return the handsets if possible. Keep your Ooma Telo and acquire a quality cordless system (usually available for $100 or less for 4-5 units). Plug the base station into your Telo and use the service you have already prepaid. Assuming you can recover your money for the handsets, consider acquiring one of the Linx devices and plug a different phone (or cordless system) into it. That should allow you to utilize the instant second line feature. I have been told that you can segregate the two lines by using the Linx device although I have not yet tried this. Hope you take the time to enjoy the service.
#106452 by Letdownwithooma
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm
So....

It's the best VoIP system, however from a corporate point of view they dump garbage on users knowing full well what they're doing... LYING!!!

The system was bought for use with THEIR HANDSETS, which we were promised would be the equivalent of a smart phone.

That is an outright lie.

I'd rather give my business to someone honest. (Don't get me started on the lack of refund!)
#106457 by WayneDsr
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 pm
Huh, I purchased the handsets as well, but I never thought one moment they were going to be the equivalent of a smart phone. I must have misread the description.

Wayne
#106458 by southsound
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:24 pm
Letdownwithooma wrote:The only satisfaction I received from my ooma investment was placing these crappy products on my workbench and adjusting them the family hammer. :D

Good Job!! Have you ever considered a nice anger management program? If you bought the handsets from Ooma, they come with a 30 return policy. If you bought from a reputable big box store or even from someone like Amazon, there would be no problem returning (unsmashed) units for a refund.

You mention about ISP problems causing you to have to reboot the Telo - what kind of poor service is your ISP giving you that you have interruptions? The few times in the last 4 years that I've had ISP problems (caused by a bad DSL modem/router) my Telo started again on its own.

Sorry, Letdownwithooma, but I somehow sense a troll. I don't buy your lame story as you present it. Come clean with the facts and we would be happy to try to help - if you really want help.
#106460 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 pm
southsound wrote:Sorry, Letdownwithooma, but I somehow sense a troll. I don't buy your lame story as you present it. Come clean with the facts and we would be happy to try to help - if you really want help.

I have to agree.
#106473 by oomg
Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 pm
Letdownwithooma wrote:So....

It's the best VoIP system, however from a corporate point of view they dump garbage on users knowing full well what they're doing... LYING!!!

The system was bought for use with THEIR HANDSETS, which we were promised would be the equivalent of a smart phone.

That is an outright lie.

I'd rather give my business to someone honest. (Don't get me started on the lack of refund!)

"Equivalent to a smart phone." I never heard anything like that either. As I said, I am not particularly fond of the hand sets, but the service is great. The only other area that I think needs some serious attention is the Ooma Mobile App. So far, I am disappointed with it. But that does not even begin to lessen my enthusiasm for the service.
#106500 by Letdownwithooma
Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 am
OK, If it assuages your ego, I'm a troll.

Please note that issue is that the HD2 is crap. Nothing else.

The VoIP service is one of the best.

Corporately, they screwed the pooch on the handset and are not being transparent about the problems. For those who don't read pre-release reviews, it was being touted as a smart phone for the home.

As a consumer I have a right to express my dissatisfaction but obviously that right is disregarded here.

You rednecks can continue drinking cool aid, collecting guns and patting yourselves and each other the back but I'm not allowed the civility of intelligent discourse.

Gotta go - I have better sites to troll. ;)
#106504 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 am
Letdownwithooma wrote:These crappy products.

RUN away form this absolute Shiite ....

Letdownwithooma wrote:Please note that issue is that the HD2 is crap.
Corporately, they screwed the pooch.

You rednecks can continue drinking cool aid, collecting guns and patting yourselves and each other the back but I'm not allowed the civility of intelligent discourse.

Intelligent discourse????????????????????