Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#105585 by xavier38
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm
I have the old Ooma base and scout. Today my scout stopped working. Flag is red and the four bottom buttons are lit red. No dial tone on my phone. Is the scout not functioning or can it be corrected. The base unit is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
#105589 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm
xavier38 wrote:I have the old Ooma base and scout. Today my scout stopped working. Flag is red and the four bottom buttons are lit red. No dial tone on my phone. Is the scout not functioning or can it be corrected. The base unit is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You could try a factory reset of the scout and see what happens:

Notice that you can do a factory reset of the Scout also.

Also for information see these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.
#105595 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm
To see if it is your house wiring causing problems, bring the Scout to where the Hub is and connect them "wall" port to "wall" port using a phone cord. If the Scout comes alive, then you might have a house wiring problem or your Hub's "wall" port is not connected to your walljack.