Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#107152 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm
waiau wrote:I have the exact problem. My cell and Ooma phone will ring due to the multi ring set up. When I try to answer using my ooma phone, I get a dial tone. The caller's phone continues to ring until it goes dead. The strange thing is that I can answer a call during a multi ring using my cell. I just can not answer using the ooma phone. Sounds like it is a known issue. Fortunately, multi ring is not a big deal to me. I am just going to shut it off for now until ooma figures it out.

Seems like an isolated problem with your carrier: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15363#p107148
#110319 by Dnasty
Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm
I too have the same problem. Have had it since Feb. i have called in and have trouble ticket since Feb. still unresolved and m at level three tech support. Every time I am told "Engineering" has it. Every time I tell the rep that is what I am told. I have been told I will get a call back twice that afternoon. Never get a call. This time I asked for a Premier credit as they ave sold the Premier service as having multi ring working and it never has from day one. The latest rep is supposed to call me back after talking to Engineering tomorrow. I will report back to see if this one follows up on what they say they will do.
#110321 by Tom
Mon May 27, 2013 2:55 pm
One of the switch types used by an inbound carrier is causing this problem. We're working to resolve it.
#110427 by Dnasty
Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 am
I have been told Ooma has been working on it Since Feb? Honestly? Other forum users have indicated they have been told the same thing even before then. I have been told I would receive a call back from two level 3 techs from my recent calls on the status of the fix. No call from either gentleman. The tech I spoke to last week I specifically asked when he would call and was told this past Tuesday (today is Friday.) No call was received so I will call again and see where the fix is this week. Tom B. - When do you anticipate a fix? Been paying for this service since Feb and can't use it. Is a credit in order for all users experiencing this deficiency?
#110478 by Tom
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 am
You can ask if your number can be ported to a different inbound carrier.
#110497 by Dnasty
Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:03 pm
Tom, To whom would I make such a request? If it is Ooma why would they not do that for those people experiencing this issue?
#110519 by Tom
Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 pm
You would call support. Ooma cannot do this proactively. For some numbers porting is not an option.
#110645 by Dnasty
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 am
Tom, I received an email yesterday that Ooma did order the porting of our number to a different carrier to fix the problem without my call to request the porting. It should be finalized around July 1st. I'll report back if this fixes the problem.
#110852 by Dnasty
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 am
Update - today being the 11th of June. The first re-port I was tracking on the Ooma website showed it would be completed by July 1st and received an email to the same effect from Ooma. Today that was removed from the website, a new port was initiated and I received another email saying this porting would be completed by July 5th. Not sure why it changed as that is all the info I have available. Fingers crossed that this will fix the multi ring feature! Update as of June 18 - Porting is scheduled to be completed ahead of schedule on June 20th.
#111078 by Tom
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:31 am
The problem referenced in this thread should be fixed now. Please try again.