Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#105162 by nubs17
Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 am
I just activated my ooma yesterday, and I'm able to make phone calls, but when I try to call my new number from my cell phone, it will ring two times, then sound like a fax machine is picking. I have my ooma directly connected to my phone, so not sure why I'm unable to dial my new number.
#105164 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 am
nubs17 wrote:I just activated my ooma yesterday, and I'm able to make phone calls, but when I try to call my new number from my cell phone, it will ring two times, then sound like a fax machine is picking. I have my ooma directly connected to my phone, so not sure why I'm unable to dial my new number.

First:
Remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo and Router.

Repower the Modem. After the Modem is done booting, repower the next device in line (either the Ooma or Router). When the next device in line is done booting, repower the last device in line.

Try to make and receive phone calls with your Ooma Telo.

If the Ooma Telo still won't work, make sure the Envelope (Do Not Disturb) Icon of the face of the Ooma Telo isn't yellow. Press and hold the envelope button until your hear a voice announcement and the Envelope Icon turns yellow. Press and hold the envelope button unto you hear a voice announcement and the Envelope Icon turns blue.

Try to make and receive phone calls with your Ooma Telo.

Next if it still won't work, you have a trial Premier Service which allows you to have a second phone number during the trial Premier Service period. Go into My Ooma and set up the second Ooma phone number.

Try to make and receive phone calls with your Ooma Telo second phone number. It the second phone number works, then contact Ooma Customer Support, and if the first Ooma phone number doesn't mean anything to you, have Ooma move your second phone number to the Line one spot and give you a different phone number to replace the defective phone number.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT