Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104919 by denby
Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 am
I logged in this morning to do my regular blacklisting of callers and noticed my personal blacklist was disabled. Last week I added several numbers to the personal blacklist, so I know it was enabled then. I don't recall disabling my blacklist. Anyone else notice theirs disabled?
#104920 by murphy
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 am
Yes, the personal blacklist for my Hub was disabled and all of the entries are gone.
#104969 by WayneDsr
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 am
I checked my hub and my black list is still enabled.

Wayne
#105000 by sashusmom
Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 am
Have had ooma for 3 years now and my personal blacklist is always frequently disabled automatically. I have enabled it many times and log in to check my status and it's always disabled. Thought it was just our account! :?
#105021 by TraderJim
Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:32 pm
Yep just happened to me too. I've had Ooma for years, and had probably close to 100 entries in my personal blacklist. Now today it has been disabled, and when I went to look at it every entry has been deleted!!!

Thanks Ooma - you just wasted a ton of work. Do you have a backup?
#105137 by TraderJim
Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 am
Called Ooma support on the issue of the blacklist having been deleted, and they promised to elevate it to Level 2 support. However its been several days and there is complete silence from Ooma support on this issue. It is not looking good.

Personal blacklist was one of the main reasons I got the Ooma system. With it now being deleted and disabled without my consent, it is unreliable and useless now and I am thinking it's time to switch to another phone service.
#105802 by TraderJim
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 am
After escalating the problem to level 3 support, Ooma successfully restored my personal blacklist that had previously been deleted. So they seem to have a backup and can fix this problem if it is elevated to the right people. Thank you Ooma!