Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104843 by rristich
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm
***** Please be Aware *****

On the HD2 page there is a note that reads
"NOTE: Each Ooma Telo can support up to 4 wireless peripherals. The HD2 Handset is not compatible with the original Ooma Telo Handset or the Ooma Hub. Some features require a subscription to Ooma Premier."

Now I don't know how you would interpret not compatible, but my reading of that was that the original HD1 handset would not do what the HD2 can do so they were not compatible.

The reality is, if you buy and upgrade the Telo to work with a HD2 handset, your old HD1 handset(s) will not longer function with the Telo! Period! So much for any investment you might have had in your HD1 handset(s).

So if you think you can just add a HD2 to your existing HD1 handset or sets, that is not possible.

You have been warned!
#123628 by gsquared
Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:15 am
Didn't realize that when I wanted to add 2 handsets to my system, bought the HD2 which were the only ones available, and then lost the ability to use the HD1 handset that I already owned. Considering that the original handset cost what the two new ones did, I was quite annoyed.
#123633 by Leeway
Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 pm
not compatible:--- (adj)
1/ (with) incapable of existing or living together
in harmony.
2/ unable to be used in combination
3/ not consistent.
4. Computers.
a. (of software) NOT capable of being run on another computer without change.
b. (of hardware) NOT capable of being connected to another device without the use of special equipment or software.
5. Electronics.(of a device, signal, etc.)NOT capable of being used with equipment in a system without the need for special modification or conversion.

Source: Dictionary