Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104935 by harryy300
Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 pm
Thunderbird
The hub is connected to the modem and the upload speed is 4.18 mbps and the download speed is 14.7 mbps so what you are saying is for me to make the following changes to the ooma setup page.
Upstream internet speed 33440 Kbps (0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 11760 Kbps (0 to disable)
I might add that if the incomming call goes to voice mail and i pick up (then) the phone, it does not go to reboot but works every time.
#104936 by thunderbird
Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm
harryy300 wrote:Thunderbird
The hub is connected to the modem and the upload speed is 4.18 mbps and the download speed is 14.7 mbps so what you are saying is for me to make the following changes to the ooma setup page.
Upstream internet speed 33440 Kbps (0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 11760 Kbps (0 to disable)
I might add that if the incomming call goes to voice mail and i pick up (then) the phone, it does not go to reboot but works every time.

Downstream and Upstream numbers are reversed.
Downstream would be 33440 and Upstream would be 11760.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#104949 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 am
harryy300 wrote:ops!
upstream 3344 kbps
you mean upload is downstream and download is upstream??
Upstream internet speed 11760 Kbps(0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 3344 Kbps (0 to disable)

The lower number is always the Upstream (Upload) and the higher number is aways the Downstream (Download).

If these numbers or different (reversed) when you run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ , then there is a problem with your Modem or Internet provider signal.
#104953 by harryy300
Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:34 am
Thunderbird:
okay I got it now .. so it is
Upstream internet speed 3344 Kbps (0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 11760 Kbps (0 to disable)
so now i will wait for a call......
and if I add a router and place the Hub after that I am to make the above two numbers both 0 Kbps. Is that right??
#104961 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 am
harryy300 wrote:Thunderbird:
okay I got it now .. so it is
Upstream internet speed 3344 Kbps (0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 11760 Kbps (0 to disable)
so now i will wait for a call......
and if I add a router and place the Hub after that I am to make the above two numbers both 0 Kbps. Is that right??

Yes.
#105014 by harryy300
Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm
well Thunderbird & lbmofo the phone was able to pick up three incomming calls and the last one it went into reboot. o-well, well I'm moving out of state soon so I'll take it there and see what happens. Thanks for your help and time.. I'll write back after I get set up.. Harry
#105083 by harryy300
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm
well here is something that might be if interest, when a call comes in and the unit goes into reboot I seem to to loose the internet connection. yep! it gets diconnected. I hope that says something let me know if it helps... maybe i need some kind of filter.
#105085 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 pm
harryy300 wrote:when a call comes in and the unit goes into reboot I seem to to loose the internet connection.

If your router is connected to Ooma's "home internet" port, then that behavior is expected while Ooma is going through reboot. Have you tried to get another power adapter for your Ooma?
#105088 by southsound
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 pm
Harry, please forgive me if you have already answered this but I could not find it in any of your previous posts.

1. What kind of Internet provider do you have? Is it cable, fiber, or DSL.

2. How is your phone connected to the ooma device? Is it a cordless base or wired phone that connects only to the PHONE port on the ooma or are you using your home wiring to distribute dial tone?

The reason I ask is that if you are using DSL and distributing your dial tone over your existing home wiring, we may have found your problem. If not, then please forgive the interruption in working with two of the forum's top technical people, lbmofo and thunderbird. These guys are the best of the best.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests