Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104694 by sphatcher
Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 pm
I just went through the process of setting up a linx. Everything seem to work fine until I plug in a phone or a fax machine. My ultimate use will be a fax machine which I have setup as a device in MyOoma. I get a dial tone, but when it dials I receive a busy signal either with the fax machine or a phone. From phones connected to the Telo the calls go through.
#104695 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:24 pm
Unplug from power outlet and re-plug; light turns blue right?
#104700 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm
The light on the front of the Ooma Linx really has two lights installed, a left side light and a right side light. Below is what each light indicates.

Line status indicator (Left side light)
• Lights up blue when the line is idle.
• Lights up amber the line is in use.

System status indicator (Right side light)
• Lights up blue when connected to the Base Station
• Lights up amber when it does not detect the Base Station.
• Blinks amber when it is attempting to register with
a Base Station.
• Blinks blue and amber during a software upgrade.

Also there is a tiny pin hole in the bottom of the Ooma Linx, where while powered, a paper clip can be inserted and held until you see a light change, to do a factory reset of the Ooma Linx if nothing else works.
After the Ooma Linx factory reset, you will have to reregister the Ooma Linx before it can be used.
#104707 by sphatcher
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:08 am
The device has two blue lights except when I dial as expected. Setup was done correctly. I even reset the Telo.
#104708 by thunderbird
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 am
sphatcher wrote:The device has two blue lights except when I dial as expected. Setup was done correctly. I even reset the Telo.

Right after I received my Linx device, I had to do the Linx factory reset to bring it on line, so maybe you should try it also.