Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104577 by egregory
Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 pm
I'm also having problems making outbound calls in Peterborough Ontario Canada. It started out, for the last 2 weeks we can't call Bell Canada cell numbers. Now it seems to be spreading and can't call my Rogers cell. No way to know what other numbers don't work since we don't make a lot of calls.

I had this problem in September and it went away. Now it's back. Ooma seems to have issues in Canada. Is it limited to Canada? Other than this, have been more than satisfied but this is a deal-breaker. Once corrected, if it happens again, it'll be bye bye Ooma. I'm used to messing with my PC to make it work, not my telephone. It has to work 99% of the time my Internet is up. I may keep it for long distance but don't really want to deal with 2 phones. LD is cheap just about everywhere now.

I have entered a support ticket. I probably would have waited except for advice from this thread. Good point, we have to make sure Ooma is aware of the problem and the scale of it. If you're having problems, please report them. Then our actions are based on theirs.
#104579 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:23 am
I see where Ooma has been saying to use prefix *67 - (Do Not Send Caller ID) and that has helped some people with this problem? Example: *67-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#104599 by Knak
Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 pm
Same issue here in ontario, trying to make a local call to a cell phone and long distance to a cell in manitoba. Called ooma and they said its a known issue starting in the last week that is being worked on by engineering ...

Only successful workaround for me is *67 first.
#104638 by MJF
Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:23 am
They sent me an email that it was all fixed but it's not. Called in and they still have no idea what's going on or why I was sent an email saying it was all fixed and good to go.
#104763 by MJF
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 am
I had 1 or 2 days where almost all the calls worked (1 or 2 went no where but I can live with that) but today no local calls are working again. Now when I make a local call I get somebody saying "You been pranked called" everytime I call. If I use *67 everything is fine
I'm getting sick of this now
#104764 by jnewman
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 am
We're having the same issue here in central Ontario. Very frustrating...especially when the customer service guys suggest we call them to help fix the problem when the problem is that we can't make outgoing calls. :shock:
#104765 by MJF
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 am
jnewman wrote:We're having the same issue here in central Ontario. Very frustrating...especially when the customer service guys suggest we call them to help fix the problem when the problem is that we can't make outgoing calls. :shock:

I can call other ooma numbers including ooma support. I can call long distance without issue as well. The problem is with local calls only. *67 does work but that is just a workaround.
#104768 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am
If you haven't done so already, everyone that is having these problems be sure to contact Ooma Customer Support and report these problems. Remember "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".
#104773 by MJF
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am
thunderbird wrote:If you haven't done so already, everyone that is having these problems be sure to contact Ooma Customer Support and report these problems. Remember "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Been working with them for 10 days now.