Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104497 by Hyudoin
Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 am
I setup the system (based in Manitoba) a few months ago and everything worked fine. The past day or so, everytime I make an outgoing call it will ring several times and I will either get a loud beep (similiar to a fax machine tone), or a very faint distorted prerecorded message saying"the person you have called is on the phone, please hold...." or at times it will connect to another unknown persons telephone conversation and I can clearly hear both parties but they can't hear me.

Already called tech support and they said they will "escalate the priority of this issue".

Anyone else come across this issue before?
Last edited by Hyudoin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
#104502 by mrp-ottawa
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 am
Also experiencing a similar issue here in Canada. Although I can make and receive calls, the issue we are having is long distance to other provinces(states). Long distance works fine within our province and local is fine, so kind of good except trying to reach family over the holidays.
:?:
#104506 by thunderbird
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 am
First:
In the past for Ooma Telos, some times dialing *98 or *96 before the number being called has helped.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Second:
Everyone having this problem should report this problem to Ooma Customer Suppport:

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#104510 by Hyudoin
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 am
thunderbird wrote:First:
In the past for Ooma Telos, some times dialing *98 or *96 before the number being called has helped.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Second:
Everyone having this problem should report this problem to Ooma Customer Suppport:

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST


First: Is this a temporary or permanent solution?

Second:I have contacted Support twice...issue not yet resolved.
#104512 by thunderbird
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 am
Hyudoin wrote:
thunderbird wrote:First:
In the past for Ooma Telos, some times dialing *98 or *96 before the number being called has helped.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Second:
Everyone having this problem should report this problem to Ooma Customer Suppport:

Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST


First: Is this a temporary or permanent solution?

Second:I have contacted Support twice...issue not yet resolved.

Dialing *98 or *96, if it works, is only a temporary work around solution.
#104528 by leetahb
Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm
I'm in the US having this same issue calling different numbers in Canada. No Ooma support off hours. We managed to get through to one person this morning. The suggested temporary fix of dialing *98 or *96 doesn't work either. If Ooma support is monitoring this blog perhaps you want to escalate since your customers cannot reach you on a Sunday evening?

Thanks.
#104529 by MJF
Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 pm
I'm in Newfoundland and this was happening all Saturday and most of Sunday. Seems to be fixed now. Was only happening when making local calls, all LD calls and OOMA calls were fine. Something similar happened 3 weeks ago and was all suturday and Sunday. This only happens on the weekend when OOMA is closed on the weekend. My secondary private number still works perfect, there is some kind of routing issue for sure.

I really have to ask what kind of business shuts down all support for over 60 hours straight every week. That is my only real complaint.

Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 1-866-452-6662
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST.
Closed Saturday & Sunday.

UPDATE EDIT

why is there two numbers listed with different times on ooma site

Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 888-711-6662. M-F 7:00-7:00 PST - 8:00-5:00 Saturday and Sunday.
AND
Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 1-866-452-6662 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST. Closed Saturday & Sunday.
#104531 by MJF
Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:05 pm
Spoke to soon one in ten local calls work and all long distance work with my primary number. Secondary private number works 100%
#104535 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:45 am
MJF wrote:I'm in Newfoundland and this was happening all Saturday and most of Sunday. Seems to be fixed now. Was only happening when making local calls, all LD calls and OOMA calls were fine. Something similar happened 3 weeks ago and was all suturday and Sunday. This only happens on the weekend when OOMA is closed on the weekend. My secondary private number still works perfect, there is some kind of routing issue for sure.

I really have to ask what kind of business shuts down all support for over 60 hours straight every week. That is my only real complaint.

Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 1-866-452-6662
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST.
Closed Saturday & Sunday.

UPDATE EDIT

why is there two numbers listed with different times on ooma site

Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 888-711-6662. M-F 7:00-7:00 PST - 8:00-5:00 Saturday and Sunday.
AND
Any questions? Call us (free, of course) at 1-866-452-6662 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST. Closed Saturday & Sunday.

I don't know where you got the information that you posted, but this is what is on the Ooma Contact page at:

https://www.ooma.com/company/contact

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests