Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104111 by tdommer
Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 am
I've got an Ooma Telo that we;ve been using for almost 2 years. Right now, we're in Northern Indiana and to make local calls i don't need to dial the area code first. We are taking the Telo with us to Texas in another month to use while we're there. I already have acquired a local Texas phone number including that area code for the Telo. Do I need to make any changes to my service when we're there to call local Texas numbers w/o ac or will I need to dial the entire number including AC while there for local calls?
TIA
#104113 by murphy
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm
Actually if you are in an area code overlay area, like I am, 7 digit dialing is not permitted and hasn't been for 20 years.
My home phone and cell phone are in different area codes.

Don't forget to change your 911 address while you are there.
#104121 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm
murphy wrote:Actually if you are in an area code overlay area, like I am, 7 digit dialing is not permitted and hasn't been for 20 years.

This restriction would be gone with Ooma. Have you tried 7 digit with Ooma?
#104128 by murphy
Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm
lbmofo wrote:
murphy wrote:Actually if you are in an area code overlay area, like I am, 7 digit dialing is not permitted and hasn't been for 20 years.

This restriction would be gone with Ooma. Have you tried 7 digit with Ooma?

It works but is more trouble than it is worth. Ooma has to be prepending the area code because there is no way Verizon would accept a 7 digit number. Three area codes so only some calls could be dialed that way. I don't dial phone numbers. I select names from the directory in my phone and the phone dials the stored number.