Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104068 by AZBean
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 am
I have been plagued with calls from a telemarketer at 480-371-0962. Despite having this number on my personal block list the calls still get through and ring my phone. The personal block list is set to give the caller a continuous ring. I have also tried have the personal block list go to voice mail. Neither setting works, they still ring my phone. The calls show up on my call log with the red "blocked" icon already on them. Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
#104070 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 am
If you still have Premier, make sure your blacklist is enabled.
If so, call customer service to have them fix bug with your account.
Before calling, you can try deleting the number and re-adding to your blacklist. You can also try powering down your Ooma for more than 20 min to see if that helps.
#105249 by DarylLafferty
Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm
I have a similar problem, also with a 480 number (which happens to be my own area code). The problem is that the number comes in showing "11" before the area code and number (114809990613), but in the blacklist it is only recorded as 4809990613. So the telemarketers add those digits that get them past the blocking mechanism.

I think the block list should be smart enough to catch this. If the number goes into the call log without the "11", then the blocking mechanism should also be able to recognize it without the 11. At the least, I should be able to add it to the block list with the 11 added.