Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103728 by belia
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 pm
My Ooma is not working. Whenever, I am trying to make an outside call, I see both 1 and 2 blinking and I am unable to make outside calls. I am no problem receiving incoming calls. I rebooted twice but was not helpful. PLEASE HELP.
#103730 by lbmofo
Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 pm
Do the 1 and 2 lights go off after you hang up the phone?

Do you get Ooma dialtone when you pick up the phone? What kind of message do you get when trying to call out if any?

Make sure your phone setting hasn't changed from tone to pulse.
#104080 by belia
Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 pm
No message. The dialtone keeps changing when I try to make a call with the lights on the ooma box alternatively blinking between 1 and 2. After 30 seconds or so, the tone changes again but the call remains unsuccessful.

Thanks
#104088 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:44 pm
Is your phone on tone setting vs pulse? Have you tried another phone connected directly to the Ooma "phone" port?
#104108 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 am
belia wrote:My Ooma is not working. Whenever, I am trying to make an outside call, I see both 1 and 2 blinking and I am unable to make outside calls. I am no problem receiving incoming calls. I rebooted twice but was not helpful. PLEASE HELP.

You could try a Ooma Telo Factory Reset.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset::
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo phone port to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the Line number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the Line number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.

If you have Ooma Telo handsets, and they don’t connect after a factory reset, you may have to do a Registration Mode change from the new HD2 handset firmware, to the old Ooma Telo handset firmware. This is done by dialing *#*#301 on a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port, (switches to the old Ooma Telo handset firmware). When you dial *#*#301 you will hear one beep before the Ooma Telo does an automatic reboot. If you only hear a busy signal, the Ooma Telo is already using the old Ooma handset Telo firmware. Dialing *#*#302 is used to change to the HD2 handset mode.

If you still have problems, the problem is probably a problem on the Ooma side. Contact Ooma Customer Service at:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST