Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103456 by daewon
Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 am
How disappointing. Only after 2 days. I had pushed the speakerphone button to make a call and the dialtone was very staticy. So i pushed the hangup button then the sreen went black...Then nothing since then. Is there anything i can try or is it just dead? How good is Ooma about exchanges?
#103457 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 am
daewon wrote:How disappointing. Only after 2 days. I had pushed the speakerphone button to make a call and the dialtone was very staticy. So i pushed the hangup button then the sreen went black...Then nothing since then. Is there anything i can try or is it just dead? How good is Ooma about exchanges?

When you place the HD2 handset back into its charging cradle, do you hear a double beep? It sounds like the batteries are run down??? Some charging cradles don't make electrical contact with the HD2 handset charging contacts at the bottom of the HD2 handset. Look into the charging cradle and see if you can see the charging pins pushed away from the up position. If so take a paper clip or a needle and gently try to bring the pin up into position. Place the HD2 handset back into the charging cradle and listen for the double beep.

There is a one year warranty period for the HD2 handset. You just contact Ooma Customer Support and if the HD2 handset is still dead, they will send you another Ooma Telo HD2 handset shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label for shipping the defective HD2 handset back. Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#103460 by daewon
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 am
I did stick it back into the charger before seeing your reply. No beeps but it did charge it back i guess and it was back on. It seems the battery charge indicator isn't working properly. According o that the battery was still fully charged when the batteries went down. Is there a fix for that?
#103461 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 am
daewon wrote:I did stick it back into the charger before seeing your reply. No beeps but it did charge it back i guess and it was back on. It seems the battery charge indicator isn't working properly. According o that the battery was still fully charged when the batteries went down. Is there a fix for that?

Earlier there were problems with the HD2 battery charge indicator but I thought it was fixed. If you reboot the HD2 handset by pushing and holding the Off (red phone) button until the screen goes blank, then releasing the button, the charge indicator should show no charge at first, then within a minute, show the real charge of the batteries.

If you are not hearing the double beeps, then something is wrong. The double beep sounds are there to let you know that the charging circuit is engaged when the HD2 handset is placed in the charging cradle.

Make sure that the charging cradle cord plug is pushed into the Cradle base all of the way. I have one base that the charging cardle plug will work it's way out of the base connector and then I don't hear the double beep.

If left to sit for a few hours, the HD2 batteries will accumulate enough power to power the HD2 handset for a while, then go dead again.
#103466 by daewon
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 am
thunderbird wrote:
daewon wrote:I did stick it back into the charger before seeing your reply. No beeps but it did charge it back i guess and it was back on. It seems the battery charge indicator isn't working properly. According o that the battery was still fully charged when the batteries went down. Is there a fix for that?

Earlier there were problems with the HD2 battery charge indicator but I thought it was fixed. If you reboot the HD2 handset by pushing and holding the Off (red phone) button until the screen goes blank, then releasing the button, the charge indicator should show no charge at first, then within a minute, show the real charge of the batteries.

If you are not hearing the double beeps, then something is wrong. The double beep sounds are there to let you know that the charging circuit is engaged when the HD2 handset is placed in the charging cradle.

Make sure that the charging cradle cord plug is pushed into the Cradle base all of the way. I have one base that the charging cardle plug will work it's way out of the base connector and then I don't hear the double beep.

If left to sit for a few hours, the HD2 batteries will accumulate enough power to power the HD2 handset for a while, then go dead again.

Yes when i turn it off then back on it does show no charge then full charge. But it had died as i first described with it showing a full charge, then came back on after setting on the charger for a while...As of right now sitting on the charger it shows a full charge and no little charging animation or anything...If it was all the way down it should still be charging and showing some sort of charging animation yes? When it shows no charge after turning it right back on it goes right to full charge.

And when there were no beeps was when it had just died and i was setting it on the charger. Now that it is back on there are beeps.
#103485 by daewon
Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:18 am
They are sending me another one...Let's hope there's no problem with this one...
#103486 by murphy
Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am
There is no charging animation. It has a lightning bolt icon while charging and is all green when fully charged. After restarting the handset it takes around 15 seconds before the icon is updated to reflect the charge state.
#103500 by daewon
Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 am
murphy wrote:There is no charging animation. It has a lightning bolt icon while charging and is all green when fully charged. After restarting the handset it takes around 15 seconds before the icon is updated to reflect the charge state.

It doesn't even show the lightening bolt while charging...And it got staticy and went out again twice more with the battery more than half charged so there's something going on with it...So it's back to the old one for a few more days *LOL*