Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103406 by Jerald
Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm
Just wondering, the screen on the HD2 seems to come factory set to constant on even in the cradle. I know the screen can be set to go to sleep at several different times. I miss the "You have voice mail" light on the original handset. If you turn off the screen display, it must be picked up from the cradle to view possible messages. My only concern was "screen burn" like some computer monitors if left on all the time. I would assume LCD displays probably do not burn?
#103408 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm
Jerald wrote:Just wondering, the screen on the HD2 seems to come factory set to constant on even in the cradle. I know the screen can be set to go to sleep at several different times. I miss the "You have voice mail" light on the original handset. If you turn off the screen display, it must be picked up from the cradle to view possible messages. My only concern was "screen burn" like some computer monitors if left on all the time. I would assume LCD displays probably do not burn?

HD2 handset, access Menu. Select Settings. Select Display. Select On Cradle settings. Set Brightness and Turn Off after to your choice. Do the same for Off Cradle Settings.

I also set Auto Hangup, which is lower in the Settings Menu, to On.