Quality headset for ooma

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
MRTK

Quality headset for ooma

Post by MRTK » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:04 pm

I purchased a Panasonic KX-TCA60 Hands-Free headset for my OOMA HD2 phone. Unfortunately, folks on the other end say I sound like I'm far too far away from the microphone. When I use my Panasonic phone with that headset, they say I sound just about normal.

My conclusion is the HD2 doesn't like a wired headset very much--or doesn't like this Panasonic one. Anyone have a good experience with a headset? I really need a quality device as I work at home a great deal and need a wired unit to make my life easier.

Thanks,

TKH

mbiedermann

Re: Quality headset for ooma

Post by mbiedermann » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 am

I have the exact same problem with the AT&T headset. So, I too am looking for a recommendation for a quality wired headset.

Cheers

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 am

Ooma is working on a fixing for the HD2 handset, Headset problem.

The headsets that you have should work after Ooma fixes the problems with the HD2 handsets.

Some other threads for the HD2 handset:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14688&start=30
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14810
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14721&start=20

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm

MRTK wrote:I purchased a Panasonic KX-TCA60 Hands-Free headset for my OOMA HD2 phone. Unfortunately, folks on the other end say I sound like I'm far too far away from the microphone. When I use my Panasonic phone with that headset, they say I sound just about normal.

My conclusion is the HD2 doesn't like a wired headset very much--or doesn't like this Panasonic one. Anyone have a good experience with a headset? I really need a quality device as I work at home a great deal and need a wired unit to make my life easier.

Thanks,

TKH
The Panasonic KX-TCA60 Hands-Free headset is a very good headset for the price. I've owned several and seem to last for years.
My main problem is I get the cord caught in my desk drawer and destroy the cord. They work well with several phones that I own, but not the HD2 yet. Hoping for a firmware fix from Ooma.

mbiedermann

Post by mbiedermann » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Yesterday's software update (Base: 64261 | HS: 64246 | RFP: 63422) fixed my headset problems.

Thanks Ooma!