Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103283 by Capt'n Bob
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:15 pm
I've added 4 HD2 handsets.

Whichever handset is registered last cannot answer the phone. It will do everything else; place calls, contacts etc.

I've de-registered and re-registered the handsets, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, whichever handset is registered last has the issue.

When a call comes in, "Handset 4" doesn't ring or light up. If I try to answer the call while it is ringing on the other 3 handsets, this handset thinks I'm trying to place a call and wants me to enter a number.

Base version: 63430
HS version: 63427
RFP version: 63422
#103284 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:30 pm
Capt'n Bob wrote:I've added 4 HD2 handsets.

Whichever handset is registered last cannot answer the phone. It will do everything else; place calls, contacts etc.

I've de-registered and re-registered the handsets, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, whichever handset is registered last has the issue.

When a call comes in, "Handset 4" doesn't ring or light up. If I try to answer the call while it is ringing on the other 3 handsets, this handset thinks I'm trying to place a call and wants me to enter a number.

Base version: 63430
HS version: 63427
RFP version: 63422

Test calling your Ooma Telo number with your cell phone, after each step, to check to if that step helped.

Try removing power from the Ooma Telo. Then repower the Ooma Telo.

Next, reboot the HD2 handset by pressing and holding the HD2 handset off button until the HD2 handset screen goes blank. Then after a few seconds, the HD2 handset will restart.

Un-register the HD2 handset using both the HD2 handset procedure and the Ooma Telo procedures below.

If the 4th HD2 handset still won't ring, un-register the 4th HD2 handset and then re-register it to the Ooma Telo. You can un-register the HD2 handset by pressing the HD2 handset Menu button, then selecting the settings Menu page. Go to the last item in the list show which is Un-register Handset. Click on the Right Soft key which says Change.

To un-register the HD2 handset from the Ooma Telo:

With a phone connected to the Ooma Telo:
Star commands dialed using a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone Port.
Dial *#*#191 to unregister 1st HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#192 to unregister 2nd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#193 to unregister 3rd HD2 handset or Linx device
Dial *#*#194 to unregister 4th HD2 handset or Linx device
Or
Dial *#*#199 to unregister all HD2 handsets or Linx devices

Press the tower button for more then three seconds on the face of the Ooma Telo to re-register the HD2 handsets or Linx devices. Follow directions on the HD2 handsets after the HD2 handset recognizes the Ooma Telo registration request.

Or

Access Ooma Setup, DECT Settings page to unregister and reregister HD2 handsets and/or Linx devices.

If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on DECT tab. The DECT Setting page opens.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on the DECT tab. The DECT Settings page opens.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#103286 by Capt'n Bob
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:07 pm
Thunderbird,

Fixed!

Powering down, and powering up the Teleo base unit solved the issue.

Thanks for your help, I'll save the rest of your instructions for any future issues.